Supercoppa/Coppa Italia 20/21

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Sep 8, 2020.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Sad, really.

Didn't he have a blow out with his hometown club as well?

2. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Well it looks like Atalanta in the final. 2 up at half time and Napoli have been utter crap.Non existent in midfield.

3. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Think he has had blow outs where ever he has been. He’s very passionate but also very fiery

4. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Conte's time at Juve is still legendary. What happens afterward is irrelevant as far as it concerns us. What's more tragic is that he's made the situation unmendable now and in the foreseeable future.

But nothing he has done has really been out of line with regards to his character or personality. It's just that for so many years it was in service to us, so we loved it, or at least appreciated it. Now that it's not, it's easy to see why so many opposition supporters hated him.

5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lecce supporters took exception when he took his first real managerial job with Bari, their eternally hated and local rivals.

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yes.

NOW he has done the same to his "eternal" club.

7. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That doesn't bother me too much.

Serie A has always been a managerial merry-go-round, and the career of a manager is very different to a career as a player. Both Trapattoni and Lippi moved to the merdisti after managing us, and Conte's accomplishment (as important as it was) is nothing close to Trap's. It's the caricature that Conte has become which is so unpalatable.

gumbacicc repped this.
  8. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Defense held well, Danilo I had so much hate for the guy when he first came in, but he has proved a key asset in the back. Glad to have him because he has been rock solid. I think Chiellini helps everyone around him to be better. Bonucci lacks that leadership.

dean smith and juveeer repped this.
  9. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as conte goes, screw him, he is a competitor but the way he conducts himself is disgraceful to say the least. Have some dignity and grace... he is way over his head, sure he did a lot for this team but a lot of it was because the squad that was put in front of him. Lastly his Europe record was utter trash, even Pirlo is doing better than he could ever do in his few seasons at Juve.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I can't think of any one figure in football that is more eager to engage in excuse-making or bad behavior when things don't go his way.

Dante repped this.
  11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klopp isn't far behind. The groans coming from Liverpool the last couple of years are :rolleyes:

12. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Liverpool are the Olympic Gold Medalists in the victimhood stakes, and have been for decades. A truly obnoxious club and fanbase. They are Man Utd without the sense of humor.

Hate the c*nts.

13. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahah.

Steve Nicol's homerism on ESPN gets me everytime. it is beyond annoying.

14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Are we forgetting the King of Moan - Jose Mourhino?

Not coincidentally he is an ex-Inter coach as well.

NicktheGreek repped this.
  15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Ummm...I hate Pool too, but ManU's SAF was a world class moaner as well.

And that was when he could outspend everyone else in the Prem until Roman arrived and turned Chelsea into Chelski. THEN the moaning from all of ManU(and Pool) increased 20 fold.

How dare someone outspend them? Damned nouveaus!

16. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But Manchester United were like us in the fact that they reveled in their success and favoritism and used it taunt the opposition, the way our ultras would make chants about bad referee calls that went our way or helped us win.

Liverpool, like the merdisiti, literally cried that the establishment was out to destroy them while bragging about the number of European Cups they'd won.

All fanbases are hypocritical. It's the ones that make righteous claims they are not, that they are different, which are truly insufferable. And for that, Liverpool and Merda are nonpareil.

usnroach and Dante repped this.
  17. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Plus, Nicol really does seem genuinely stupid. I mean, not simply in his Liverpudlian solipsism, but like if he were to be asked what 3+3 equals, he'd tell you 5.

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #294 falvo, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    I’m sure it’s a letdown after bowing out of the Champions League but Juve can still win the Coppa Italia as a consolation prize.....

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4300 fans will be allowed into the stadium for next week's final.

21. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Mou's next position should be as a mud flap on an over the road tractor trailer rig.

22. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I wonder if we could compromise with Atalanta. Could we give them Coppa Italia if they promise to play hard against Milan in their final match and not let them win so we can make UCL if we win? What do y'all think?

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'm very pessimistic going into that last match. Atalanta have nothing to play for against Milan. Nor do I think Napoli will slip.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atalanta have millions to play for. 2nd place in Serie A gets a few million more in reward money than 3rd place.

25. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Stay on your side of the street, match fixing is the sole domain of referees