Sunderland 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by midknight, Jul 24, 2010.

1. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Well, The logical step would be to assume that we're gunning for a top 10 place after three years in the Prem.

I don't know what Bruce's recruitment strategy is though, unless its recruit his old Wigan players, South Americans and get rid of Keane's lot.

I think our forward line is decent enough. Campbell is coming into his own and KJ and Bent work well together (to Bent's benefit). KJ needs to step up a bit this season though and confirm his early promise to get us past the 50 goals scored line.

Our backline is now full of very Bruce type players and should be fairly solid, now, though I'm not sure if we still won't be conceding 50+ goals again this season. Our defenders tend to have bad luck with injuries. Something to look at.

Where we're still lacking is in the midfield. what we still have, even with the arrival of riveros is a squad where all the creativity is expected to come from the wings. While I like Andy Reid, I think its a bit too much to expect him to be your head playmaker, and fitness is also a concern. Of course, attacking mids usually cost money...and this is a Bruce team.
    I'm also anxiously awaiting the sale of Kieran Richardson, but somehow I don't think it's going to happen.

Gordon's gone and fractured his arm again, and they're linking us to David James. I guess as a free agent he'd probablybe good to get for one year, but isn't he like 40? However, I'm not sure if you want to start of with Fulop for yet another season when you've got City (H), Arsenal (H), Liverpool(A), United(H) and the derby (A) in your first 10 games.

Most likely by the end of that run in, we'll know what to expect for the season.

I don't expect much of a difference from last season on current info, but who knows what will change between now and the end of the window.