Sunday vs. NSC Minnesota p/i/m/p

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by KyleScarborough, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice!

What else do I get? :)

2. TubaSaxT

TubaSaxT New Member

May 4, 2010
    St. Peters, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose reading the thread title, or going to the website would have been helpful to me.

Plans foiled again, as I have to work my usual Sunday evening shift. And of course, AC plays at home this coming Friday, one of my usual evenings off, except I have an OT day scheduled that day.

I think I'm gonna have to hope this team is still around next year, if I ever want to see them play again!

3. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

don't give up. we'll be there whenever you can make it.

4. LaMacchia+10

LaMacchia+10 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    this may have already been addressed but im to lazy to go back and read lol.. what time should we make it to the park the tailgate beings they are doing the " unsung heroes" thing or w/e will that effect where we park and when we sho up?

5. Jozd

Jozd Member

Oct 18, 2009
    red rock vs blu rock
    and dont forget this will be sunday family early evenin so dont blow up the kidz with cherry bombs :) http://www.ac-stlouis.com/?q=node/153

6. Showstopper

Showstopper New Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap I didn't realize this game was starting at 5 tonight. Going to be cutting it close if I can make it at all.

As far as the game goes we really owe Minnesota after blowing that two goal lead last time against them. So the simple solution is to bury them with another 3-0 romp!

7. AC Affton

AC Affton Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    First game I'm going to miss. Travel sucks. Can someone check the merchandise booth? Wondering when the Nike stock shows back up.

8. Szico

Szico New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At halftime, the score is AC St. Louis 1 - 0 NSC Minnesota Stars. The goal was scored in the 42nd minute by Luke Kreamalmeyer, his 3rd of the season. Kreamalmeyer came in down the left side, cut across his defender and blasted the ball into the net, just grazing the keeper's hand.

We've now scored 5 consecutive goals without conceding any.
    When scoring first, we are 5-1-2.
    When scoring in the 1st half, we are 3-2-1.
    When leading at halftime, we are 3-0-1.

9. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um...what in the world happened at the fiftieth minute?

10. Nyghtewynd

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have to stop dropping points at home to inferior teams. Seriously. It doesn't do any good to be better for 89 and throw it away in the 90th.

11. Szico

Szico New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final score is AC St. Louis 2 - 2 NSC Minnesota Stars. Minnesota equalized in the 83rd minute on a close-range header from Melvin Tarley. Three minutes later, AC went ahead 2-1 on a penalty kick from Kreamalmeyer, his 2nd goal of the game and 4th of the season. However, once again, we were unable to hold a late lead as Brian Cvilikas scored for Minnesota in stoppage time. We had a few good chances to snatch a late winner, most prominently a header in the dying seconds that went just wide of the left-hand post.

AC improves its record to 5-10-5 for 20 points. We are undefeated the last 3 matches for the first time since July 8-14, which also included a 2-2 draw against Minnesota. We are 3 points out of a playoff spot. Our record when scoring 2+ goals is 2-1-2. Our record when conceding 2+ goals is 0-9-2.

Minnesota improves their record to 7-9-6 for 27 points. They are now undefeated in their last 5 games, including 4 draws.

12. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was told that we should have more stuff for the Aug. 14th game.

13. STLSpurs

STLSpurs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    St. Louis
    I was rather disappointed that nobody joined in on mine and Mike's "score in a minute" chant...in fact, people looked quizzical, and one worldly guy very un-pedantically explained to me that the tune was "Guantanamera", and that it was Cuban!

Seriously, was that why? Because the "score in a minute" song is a classic, and would have been fun to sing.

And then somebody scolded me for having no rhythm. That is true, but can't we please get someone with rhythm to help us move beyond the crushing weight of the "something generic! clap-clap-clap" meme?

14. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One of the United Knights was kicked out of the game for having a smoke bomb. The rest of UK decided to protest and they all walked out- and they lit every smoke bomb they had on the way out. Continued to light smoke bombs in the parking lot.

I understand their protest, but its not going to win them any friends in the front office. We have to move on and we may have to do it without smoke. We are working with the front office to get a smoke machine for the section which may be compromise that would appease both sides.

15. MUhooligan10

MUhooligan10 New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    This is an idea I love. We can still have the smoky atmosphere without the idiots having a chance to throw it on the field. Plus, the smoke from the smoke machines doesn't smell like sh*t.

16. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always hated the smell of the smoke bombs honestly....but hey it comes with the territory.

17. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Are the smoke bombs really so important that they must end up being the topic of almost every discussion?

AC games are the only games ive ever watched that had smoke at them, and ive never sat there and thought, this game sucks, but if there were smoke bombs being thrown i would love this game and team even more.

18. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so, since this was the first home game I've missed fill me in on the game. I've read the details, but I want to know from you guys. Who looked good? Who sucked? Where did we go wrong to give up the lead?

19. GatewayRSC

GatewayRSC Member

Dec 17, 2009
    St Louis
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The offense is looking better all the time. Besides the 2 goals we managed to string some good passes together and looked much more in sync.
    The defense did their usual of letting the opposition get the ball in dangerous positions before finally stopping them, at least all but twice :(

20. KyleScarborough

KyleScarborough New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one wants them to be thrown, dude.

And any of us with half a brain are on board for a smoke machine.

It's about atmosphere, not just smoke.

21. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We were on the other side of the field, so it was hard to tell...

but one of their goals looked like a good shot and the other just looked like a collapse. We had the game won and gave it away. I don't know who messed up but there was definitely some confusion along that back line on the final equalizer.

As Tim said, the offense continues to improve and they didn't give up. Even late into stoppage time there were chances to win the game.

22. Nyghtewynd

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but it was distracting at best and blindingly stupid at worst. Apparently it's not "AC 'till I die" for some, but that sounds awfully catchy, don't it?

23. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell that's the only chant I'm good for starting at the games.

24. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you do a great job at it!! :)

25. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009