Sunday vs. NSC Minnesota p/i/m/p

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by KyleScarborough, Jul 29, 2010.

1. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

just because I don't enjoy being called a liar, I went through and looked at every post I've made since I started the Chickenhead page. Now, not counting my personal account which I also plugged you with, there are 7 direct links in Chickenhead posts to AC Fanatic Blog or the AC Fanatic facebook page.

Furthermore, I didn't know it was my job to promote your blog, but 7 plugs is more than any other site or blog other than AC STL's official site. So, sorry I didn't pimp you more.

And regardless of you feel about me or my friends, I'll still link to the Fanatic (NASL or AC) when there's a story that I think fits in with what I'm trying to do or breaks some AC STL news first.

2. KyleScarborough

KyleScarborough New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dave, we met at Hooters. We shook hands. In person, you're a cool dude. I have nothing bad to say in that regard. I think the work you do is certainly appreciated and I for one view it as a solid showing of dedication that you travel so far for the games.

That said, allow me to break this down for a second...

Unless I'm the one who's mistaken, the point of the "Vs. So-and-so p/i/p" threads is to highlight fan communication and reaction for the pre-game, during and after.

Anytime I've read and posted on said threads, it's been those of us detailing what our intentions are for the day, projections for the match, followed by people updating the board mid-game with the goings on then a few parting thoughts after it's over.

Yet, somehow, you read that and assume it's solely about drinking. So, you and I both know that isn't true, and you and I both know you intentionally posting something that absurd is ONLY designed to spark arguements.

Basically you're a troll. Like it or not.

None of us leaves random, pointless comments on the Fanatic after you've posted something about anything France-related and asked you if all you do with your free time is fist-f*ck a croissant.

Apparently you feel making comment after repeated comment about the fact most of us enjoy drinking on game day is somehow going to be universally accepted, because we must view ourselves as some kind of low IQ frat boy fan group.

Which, of course, is an insult, and you damn well know that. You want to insult Brad because he wears a chicken mask? If there's one guy in the entire stadium--staff included--who I'd vote as one of the most pro AC guys out there in terms of club promotion and dedication it's him.

He's also a family man, and from what I can tell, a very dedicated husband and father.

Yet you want to slam him as being a silly looking drunkard?

I was absolutely shit faced on Wednesday. Why? Because I too am a husband and a father. I bust my ass all week to provide for my family. To take care of the bills so my wife can go to school and spend her non-school hours raising our daughter.

Yet when it's Football Day, it's my turn to let loose, have fun, drink hard, party hard and love my club.

So, all of this constant bullshit is an insult to myself as well, and I'll put the knowledge of the game from myself, Brad, Asim, etc. against anyone on any day.

Oh, and picking on Nik over and over and OVER just makes you look like a butthurt school girl who got dumped at the spring formal. Get over it. If he's still slinging dirt then he needs to get over it too.

Bottom line? Quick being a prick, grow the f*ck up, keep writing your blog and WE'LL ALL KEEP DOING the same f*cking thing we've been doing from the jump: Supporting AC St. Louis.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go do a keg stand in my kitchen.

1 person likes this.
  3. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm.

On about me again.

You could at least learn to spell the name of the person you're insulting. :)

4. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you forget the pot shot you took at me?

(That qualifies as more than just asking your question.)

5. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

???

Again...you're talking about me.

What insult have I EVER put forth to you????

6. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've not said a damned word about him in forever and a day, and never once did I sling an insult at him.

7. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe this facebook post explains some of the hostility towards us:

[​IMG]

He sees us having fun supporting our team, all the while he has to pretend to be an AC fan because he's writing for a blog dedicated to AC STL. We knew he loved the Blackhawks and openly rooted against USA in the World Cup, but now we know he's a Rowdies fan. I'm glad the Fanatic is covering the entire NASL now so he can come out of the closet and cheer on the Rowdies.

8. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still trying to understand the open hostility towards me.

He fired me...not the other way around.

9. MUhooligan10

MUhooligan10 New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Now Dave... I've never had a problem with you or the Fanatic blog. The only reasons I've been contributing with Floodplain is because of a misunderstanding with your blog, because Nic is a good friend, and because I'm trying to build a portfolio of journalistic work (which I'm now able to do more of now). I had sent e-mail after e-mail to the team and placed phonecall after phonecall to Tony Hubert, but I never got any response. If I remember correctly, you had told me that it was my job to request press credentials through the team. I did that and never got a response. I had just assumed that my request had been denied until I found out last week. I just wanted to clear that up. I'm still open to contributing to the Fanatic if you're open to having me back.

However, it's hard for me to respect someone who makes general accusations on a group of people based on what is said on a message board. These people are my friends and more than 85-90% have a very respectable knowledge of the game. And more than 75% of the talk at the tailgates are of soccer and what is going on with the players on loan, AC, the anticipation of the EPL and La Liga, etc...

Before you call everyone an ignorant drunk, maybe spend some time with us and see if you're actually right. You'd be pleasantly surprised.

And I consider myself part of the group you're insulting, by the way...

10. Biggrease

Biggrease New Member

May 25, 2010
    STL
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right... we're all just a bunch of drunks looking for any excuse to throw down some brews. That's why I brang my kit to work the other day and changed out of my suit into it at the office and looked like a effing retard doing it. I ABSOLUTELY do not appreciate the game, just want to hammer out some beers.

That's step 1 right?

I'm on the right track, baby!!

11. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to interrupt, but...

12. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, it's a parking lot. People park in it. They walk to the stadium.

There's no "no parking" sign in there and no one cares. Done it myself.

13. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why I asked my professor if I could take my final 15 minutes early to ensure I could get down there with my bros.

Haters keep on hatin'.

World keeps turnin', baby!

14. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

16. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *Stands Up*

Hi. My name is Liz and I like to drink beer at soccer games. *waves*

I started a group to promote the Athletica and I've carried it over to the men's team. I'll be the first to admit I couldn't recognize half of them walking down the street without their jerseys on but I plug the hell out of the team, brings drums, and bring people to spend money on the team we love. Oh, and I usually always end up in board shorts and a bikini top at games.

I've hit step 1. Good thing I don't give a crap about step 2 because I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. :D

17. TubaSaxT

TubaSaxT New Member

May 4, 2010
    St. Peters, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I parked there opening night. No problems. I'm actually off Saturday evening, so I might finally make it to game #2!

18. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear.

Good luck getting into that game though.

They play Sunday.

19. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I have to move sections, especially after this last game. I only had 1 beer at the tailgate festivities and only had 1 beer during the game (someone bought it for me, thanx Stlspurs) and I made comments to Joe & Tim during the game about plays and during the half I talked to Blackpool Mike about English soccer, MLS & Div 2 soccer and later stood by him and continued our conversation. Oh, and I didn't get permission from our leader, Nik. I guess I don't belong.

20. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude...for the love of god!!!

I am not the leader of my crew.

Kyle is the leader....he's the prime minister and I'm the emperor.

Let's get this straight.

Kyle is the leader of the Battra Runnin' Crew.

I'm just the figurehead.

21. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh, that's right. See, I can't even get that right. Section 8, here I come!!

22. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just gonna say this...

You're awful close to being pushed out into the sobriety of soccer pompousity....just wanna make sure we're clear ok, buddy?

23. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok *whimper*

24. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to get a BAC of .16 on Sunday BEFORE the hot dogs come off the grill at the tailgate friend.

If not...You're going to have to write for the FC Tampa Bay Rowdies Fanatic!!!

(Also a Tampa Bay friend of mine saw this thread and we had a giggle.)

25. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well in that case I better bring more hot dogs this time!! At least more than 1 pack, haha. I'll even come smelling like camp fire. Keith and I are coming straight from camping. Maybe I'll bring you some smores! :p