Summer tournament at Mestalla

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Thrylos, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Thrylos

Thrylos New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Reports in Greece have suggested that Olympiakos will participate in a tournament hosted by Valencia at Mestalla from August 12 - 14. Sampdoria or Udinese were also put forth as potential participants.

Have there been similar reports in Spain? Can anyone confirm whether or not (1) a tournament is certain to take place, and (2) who will be the other participating clubs?

2. Gol Gran

Gol Gran New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Dublin
    Yes it's happening. Here are the details:

Viernes 12 de agosto – Trofeo Naranja. Primera Jornada. Valencia CF - Olympiacos. 22:00 horas.

Sábado 13 de agosto – Trofeo Naranja Segunda Jornada. Udinese - Olympiacos. 20:00 horas.

Domingo 14 de agosto – Trofeo Naranja. Tercera Jornada. Valencia CF - Udinsese. 22:00 horas

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Welcome to the board. I sat near GolGran when I went to Valencia to see VCF against Betis in the last game of the season when they won the league in 01-02. Great time.

4. Gol Gran

Gol Gran New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Dublin
    I'm afraid the Gol Gran penya is going through a few problems at the moment. A group of 35 or so of the most active members have decided to move up to the top tier just in front of the scoreboard leaving our little corner severly weakened...

5. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    That seems to happen to a lot of penyas. What's the reason though?

6. Gol Gran

Gol Gran New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Dublin
    It's usually politics but in our case it was a group of dedicated fans becoming exasperated at the decline in Gol Gran and decided to make a new start elsewhere in the ground. I'd have preferred it if they'd stayed and we patched up our differences but there you go. Here's a photo of the good old days! http://www.golgran.net/fotos/details.php?image_id=29