Summer Tour/Pre-Season Friendlies 2009

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Jan 18, 2009.

1. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Summer Tour 2009

He played well in the World cup.....i remember him having a good pace and dribble.....well...whatever...feel so sorry for Valencia.....now they have no option left other than to sell Villa and Silva......And considering their situation now.....i think most clubs would be eyeing to pay as less as possible to get them....i mean Valencia need cash...and now everyone knows it....so i guess they are not going to have the bargaining chip to play with.....

2. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I'd rather get Mata. He has a fantastic eye for goal and doesn't go down as easy as that girl Silva.

3. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Thank you. I've put the Rochdale one in.

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

That's why I've listed them in that order. Silva though, does have some useful qualities as well.

5. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007

Hudds have a young goalkeeper who is supposed to be something special. I wonder if the scouts are going to keep an eye out for the gk..

6. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

i can guarantee that he is already on their radar... along with every other keeper around the leagues. the amount of scouting and knowledge United has about other players is pretty amazing. they are always looking and evaluating.

7. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Agree but lets not make every thread a transfer one. :D

8. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Less than 3 weeks to go until the first friendly!

Does anyone know when the team gets together for pre-season training? It's got to be happening soon...

9. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im not sure, but I think its next week.

10. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    players report back to pre-season training tomorrow.

Asian tour in 12 days.

11. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    • United will travel an incredible 18,000 miles around the world in 25 days on their eight-match pre-season adventure.

• Fly out to Kuala Lumpur on July 16 for the first leg of their Asia tour. The 6,600-mile journey to Malaysia sees United kick off their pre-season campaign in the Bukit Jalil Stadium on July 18 against a Malaysian XI. (kick-off 10am British time).

• Fly 725-mile hop to Jakarta the capital of Indonesia. They will face an Indonesian Super League XI at the Bung Karno Stadium on July 20 (kick-off 2pm).

• Fly nearly 3,300 miles from Indonesia to Korea where they play FC Seoul in the Seoul World Cup Stadium on July 24 (12pm).

• United jet 640 miles to China to play Hangzhou Greentown on July 26 in the Huanglong Sports Center (kick-off 1pm).

• Fly 5,500-mile trip from China to Germany where they will play two matches in 48 hours in the Audi Cup. The Reds kick off with a match against Argentina's Boca Juniors on July 29 in Bayern Munich's Allianz Arena (kick-off 5.30pm).

• Fly back home after another 700-mile flight in time to prepare for their one and only Old Trafford pre-season match against Spanish side Valencia on August 5 (kick-off 8pm).

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1125006_uniteds_preseason_in_full

12. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    If the kick-off is at 10 in the morning GMT then we have to go back 5 hours...

13. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or 6 hours for Central time....

Or 7 for Mountain....

Or 8 for Pacific....

14. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Football at last!

15. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I am prolly won't be waking up at 5 to watch the pre-season game, but if I do, is there any one showing the game like Setanta US or I have to watch it streaming....

16. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    just checked Setanta's schedule and they are not on there. all games will be on MUTV though and i'm sure some of the other countries will be showing them.

streams will be your friend during this Asian tour.

17. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Or 0 hours BST

Edit: Well kinda, sorta. British time is BST at the moment and not GMT as Jeff wrote. If comparing it to that it would be GMT +1.

The United website is saying kick-off's at 10:30 anyway.

18. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i wonder if Manucho is going to be on tour in Asia? there's been no mention of him lately has there?

are there any games going on in Africa that he's involved in?

19. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    The fifa.com website does not have any games for Angola until I think september or something. He should be part of the team I m guessing, where would he be ?

20. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  21. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    haha... wonder what they did to him?

22. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The writing was on the wall for sure. Fergie barely uttered Simpson's name in the last year - even when someone's out on loan, Fergie would at least give a couple quotes or bites saying "xxx is doing good at so and so football club" - barely heard that about Danny.

Has Blackburn made any interest in getting him permanently?

24. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    considering he was sent back to us before the PL season ended, i doubt it. gossip about Keane being interested in Simpson was floated about earlier this month but it could just be the press speculating based on his penchant for ex-United players and/or United reserve players.

hopefully he'll end up somewhere where he can get a lot of playing time.