Summer, summer, summertime... the Transfer Rumor Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here it is, the 2021 summertime rumor thread since it seems to be really heating up...

Lots of reports in Italy that Cherubini and Paratici will have renewals very soon. Also a lot of chatter about Juve cutting ties with Ronaldo this summer, it will free up a lot of money towards their youth project.

2. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    If Ronaldo goes we should replace him with Halland or if possible lowandoski. Aguero is also an option

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It needs to be done, but the big issue is his wages. I don't see him taking a pay cut to go somewhere else, and I don't anyone paying him what we're paying him so its going to be tough to get him off the books.

Here's hoping PSG come knocking.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lewandowski isn't leaving Bayern, and he's 32 years old. Aguero is also 32 years old, we're going younger not buying other oldies like Ronaldo.

Haaland is unreachable, we can't afford to spend that much on one player, especially if we're revamping the team. Not gonna happen.

scirea6 and gumbacicc repped this.
  5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Exactly, we can't afford 250 million Euros on one player. We screwed up by not signing him when he was within reach. And I'm not sure that bringing on other aging vets is the answer either--it's like a poor man's Ronaldo project all over.

If Ronaldo wants to go, my hope is that we buy young player's on the cusp of being top stars, e.g., Chiesa, Kulusevskiy. Some, like Chiesa, may end up working out. The jury is still out on a player like Kulu, but at least it won't bankrupt the club if we get it wrong.

I also wouldn't give up on Demiral. He had a shocker the other day, but he's still young and can learn. It wasn't that long ago that Chiellini was making similar bonehead mistakes and he has been one of the best defenders in our club's history.

juveeer and scirea6 repped this.
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aguero 4 or 5 seasons ago, absolutely, now... ehhh. He's had some issues an injuries, etc. Not sure I would like him now.

gumbacicc repped this.
  7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He's lost his place at City which is very telling.

scirea6 repped this.
  8. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    John Elkann was interviewed today and said that we're "rejuvenating" and the focus will be on youth, with some "adjustments".

So Ronaldo is gone this summer; John just didn't say his name.

juventino13 repped this.
  9. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Didn’t realise lowandowski was that old. Maybe do a deal with PSG Ronaldo for Icardi and cash.

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I could get behind that, wouldn't be the worst idea tbh.

11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Well....that would mean we get the Wanda Problem. Not sure that is worth the candle?

OTH it WOULD send ShInter up the wall!

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I mean, it doesn't even need to be Icardi. We could try to take Kean back if hes willing and PSG are willing to let him go, he is a few years younger than Icardi.

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I would prefer Kean, but taking Icardi would be an upgrade over what we have now which is Morata and no one else.

And watching ShInter explode if we manage to "launder" Icardi via PSG would be pretty hilarious

juventino13 repped this.
  14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Looks like the club want at least 30ME for Ronaldo. I think PSG is the most likely destination.

Everton is supposedly interested in Rabiot, that would be good, we get his salary off the books and get a transfer fee so it would be all profit.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve are trying to work out a situation where Douglas Costa can be used to bring in Aouar this summer.

Juve are also expected to activate the loan option for Morata for next season.

juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That would be good. So Morata was a year loan with an option for a 2nd year? That's good business then, no need to worry about activating a clause this year.

Also the club is interested in bringing some youngster full backs, Julian Araujo 19 yr old RB from LA Galaxy and Valencia's Jesus Vazquez 18 yr old LB.

Dante repped this.
  17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve management has been pushing this rejuvenation project hard and I think a lot of fans just thought it was going to be status quo for us going forward, winning the league every season. Problem is, other teams got good as well.

juveeer repped this.
  18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Once Ronaldo is out of the picture, we can really go full steam ahead with this.

I honestly don't mind missing out on the title a couple of years if we can ensure a better future (though I hope we can continue winning with the kids).

That being said, the title this year isn't completely out of the picture and we only have Serie A to focus on for now. Let's see who trips up the most before the end of the season.

We need to beat Napoli in the match in hand and beat Inter when we face them and we'll only be 4 points behind them.

scirea6, juveeer and Dante repped this.
  19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Isn't Aouar an inside forward/winger? Shouldn't we be focusing on a midfielder who has a brain and can make a forward pass?

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No, Aouar is a central midfielder. He would likely take over Rabiot's spot.

gumbacicc and Dante repped this.
  21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Speaking of Aouar, hes having another good season with Lyon. In 26 games hes been involved in 10 goals, scored 6 and assisted another 4.

Just the kind of player we need, I hope we can get him.

juveeer and scirea6 repped this.
  22. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Honestly, I think we waited far, far too long to fully rejuvenate the squad. Two, maybe even three cycles too long.

Moggi never allowed the team to go for more than three seasons without a serious makeover, even it meant sacrificing that season, in order to win trophies for the next 2/3 years.

juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yep, that's true.

To be fair though, we have won 9 titles in a row (in a weak Serie A, but whatever). Unfortunately what that did was give management a false sense of security that we would continue winning with these aging players when we all know that they have been running out of ideas for a couple of years now.

They get the benefit of the doubt cause as I said, we have been winning. But crashing out in the CL in the quarters 3 years ago and in the round of 16 two years in a row now and playing the awful football we have been the last couple of years, this is a wake up call for them.

I think we needed this to happen in order to get the changes. This summer is make or break.

scirea6 repped this.
  24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It was fun for a couple of years, but everyone knows we need to move on. Things just didn't work out.

scirea6 repped this.