Summer 2017 Mercato

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Rossonero23, May 23, 2017.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    A Madrista thought that was a real threat, lol :)

2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    There's an article floating out there with time line of events, comments, etc. It's pretty clear Ray Oily was going to be playing his magical chair routine from the beginning if you follow the sequences, so I don't know how a verbal agreement could have been made the day he became a regular or how much a verbal agreement with Mini would have even been enforceable in any way, or that Mini would ever even get into an agreement like that and limit his options. It's a nice idea, but I don't think it's realistic.

Read the article above your last response. If there's any truth to it...

3. shevaa7

shevaa7 Member

Milan
    Jun 3, 2017
    ******** Donnarumma. I hope he gets a career-ending injury. Vaffanculo Cazzo!

4. shevaa7

shevaa7 Member

Milan
    Jun 3, 2017
    No, don't sell him. Don't let Raiola get his commission and bench his ass. I don't even care if he moves to Ladri that way Curva Sud can abuse him.

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    the interview with the scout who found him at 10 was telling. i hadn't heard the story about the contract with inter and blindside switch to milan before.

horncastle also had a good article on how the situation. he says gigio gave an interview to gq and it was basically "i'm staying with milan and buying an apartment in the city centre, and it's settled." that gave fassone and mirabelli total confidence so they were blindsided by the lack of communication from gigio and his agent earlier this week. that led to the ultimate showdown yesterday, and here's where we are.

for what it's worth, i imagine milan wouldn't have had any problem putting in a reasonable release clause in the case we don't make the CL something between 50 and 100M would have been reasonable. i have no idea what number raiola actually wanted, but the 10M that has been quoted is absurd. the guy just said gigio was worth 170M on the market a few weeks ago. that's nonsense if that's what he really asked for. maybe that was his trumpian first offer?

http://www.espnfc.us/italian-serie-...d-ac-milan-in-turning-down-contract-extension

6. shevaa7

shevaa7 Member

Milan
    Jun 3, 2017
    ^Don't you get it?
    Milan gave into Donna's/Raiola's supposed "demands" and offered him 5m a year but Donna rejected.

This was never about the money in the first place, the ******** wanted to go to Real and thinks he's hot shit.

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well if that's the case and Real is offering to swap keepers plus cash I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. Navas is legit.

8. shevaa7

shevaa7 Member

Milan
    Jun 3, 2017
    Nah ******** that. I don't want that pig Raiola getting his commissions. Bench him for another year and let him miss WC.

9. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    horrible idea. juve will get him on a bosman.

cant let that happen. send him to Real ASAP!!!

10. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Donnarumma was my fave Milan player. HE single handily saved our asses multiple times and looked like we were set at GK for the next 20 years. He kissed the badge, proclaimed love of the club and within days, has asked to leave. Talk about a kick in the gut,

NONE of this makes "sense". Did something happen behind the scenes? I thought Raoila was just be sneaky and getting Donnarumma the best deal he could, but then declining deal and saying he wants RM? Seriously? I thought Donnarumma wanted to be captain and Milan legend. Why would he leave, especially now, when the Chinese offered to make him 3rd highest paid goalie in Europe(at 18) and our tranfer market so far has been top notch. On verge of signing 5 new starters.

From what it appears, Milan did everything they can to keep him and make him happy, EXCEPT the 10mil clause (which is laughable because RM can activate that at any time). If they wanted a release clause, it should be starting at 50.

None of this makes sense. His brother posted a IG message saying don't judge, you don't know. Well, we knew Donnarumma loved Milan, and Milan offered him a GREAT deal. Why wouldnt we think he snaked us?

Will we be better next year, yes, I think so. Can we replace Donnarumma with Perin or Skorposki sp* or any other viable goalie? Sure, BUT THIS STINGS.

Oh, and BTW, Pizzarri is supposedly legit. It was great seeing him save penalties at the u-20s. Will we strike gold twice with teenage goalies? Maybe not, but Milan will be fine AND i think this will make Fassone, Mirabelli, and Chinese owners fired up to do MORE.

Just my $.02

11. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Conti and Belotti would be pretty fantastic. I honestly would prob keep Lapadula and Andre Silva as starting CFs, and invest in another midfield or winger. I wanted Belotti before we got Silva, and not sure if we need another CF, but I wouldnt be sad if we got him.

Honestly would love Bernadeschi and Pelligrini/Baselli instead. Biglia if the price is right would be nice as well. Milan mgmt back to work...

12. shevaa7

shevaa7 Member

Milan
    Jun 3, 2017
    I really don't care

Only if they give us CR

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #88 Calcio Pauly, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Football-Italia
    Milan fans interrupted Italy’s Under-21 European Championship tie with Denmark in Krakow by throwing fake dollars at Gianluigi Donnarumma.

The 18-year-old goalkeeper turned down the proposal of a new contract this week and Rossoneri supporters were furious.

The Milan Club Poland representatives were seated behind the goal with a large banner that read ‘Dollarumma.’ :laugh:

During a corner, they then threw handfuls of fake dollar bills at the player.

It forced play to be interrupted while ball boys tried to clean up the paper inside his goal.

The ultras were also chanting insults at Donnarumma throughout the first half.

In the meantime Mirrabeli has made the trip in a last ditch effort to throw more monies at Dolla!

LGRod and Rossonero23 repped this.
  14. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :ROFLMAO: Dude's getting trolled left and right

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LGRod, Rossonero23 and phat repped this.
  15. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i love fassone's responses to raiola's press conference. i'm liking him more all the time.

gcstorm9 and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    not gonna lie, if he somehow changes his mind and stays i'll be thrilled!!!

[​IMG]

LGRod, shevaa7 and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #92 Calcio Pauly, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Ray Oily is such a weasel.
    Trying to force a sale to get more dirty money in his pocket.
    Fassone is playing it right, even if risking losing the kid on a freebie.
    Ray Oily's tactics have certainly cost us money already.

@gcstorm9 Zaccagno was the main keeper for Italy at the U20 WC, and he was their MOM almost every game with Orsolini. Amazing reflexes. That's all I've ever seen of him though. He's owned by Torino though. Maybe we can swap Donnarumma for him and Belotti and let Torino try and sell Dollarumma :cautious:

gcstorm9 repped this.
  18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mino Look, they're showering Donnarumma with dolla billz at the U21 Euro!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn that looks like real money

[​IMG]

Quick, call those ball boys and tell them 1/3 of that is mine!

[​IMG]

LGRod and stphnsn repped this.
  19. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Fassone and Mirabelli are handling this situation like complete BOSSES. NOBODY is upset at them. Even Li is handeling this awesome.

My Thoughts:

Here is how I think it happened. Raiola has been feeding info to Donnarumma family that new owners are mysteries, who are they? what kind of real money do they have? This information would allow Raiola to squeeze as much $$$ as possible. He feeds lines to Donnarumma family about how Gigio loves Milan, loves being there, and they love him, so at the end of the day, it'll all work out BUT Milan is pressuring them to sign, so they are nervous and he has upper hand. Raiola tries to work the media and squeeze more money UNTIL Milan offer 5x5. Great deal, 3rd highest goalie in Europe at 18. Amazing, bravo, well done, BUT Raiola gets cocky. He convinces Donnarumma family to not renew now, but to go play in the tournament. Donnarumma does well, Milan offers MORE OR Madrid/PSG want him even more and they pay more. After tournament, they evaluate and THEN sign renewal, Gigio is wanted and loved and yay OR they don't like deal and move on to another club because the offer is too good to be true. THIS IS WHERE IT BACKFIRED.

Fassone and Mirabelli know Raiola, they took his denial of renewal and WENT TO WORK. Everything they said was magical. Donnarumma is unsellable. He is a Milan legend in the making and we are very disappointed in his decision but we respect it and Milan will move on. Then the media and world is shocked Donnarumma is leaving. Shocked he has the audacity to turn that 5x5 contract. Milan fans are heartbroken and pulling the knife out of their back, and then it happened. Milan management said they will move on, while fans took to the internet to show disdain.

Fassone and Mirabelli has come out and said Gigio is unsellable and we will keep him unless a respectable offer comes. Montella will decide his playing time, while our owner says we spent 800mil on the team, losing 30mil is nothing because Donnarumma to them is unsellable. PERFECT response. IS this just to drive price up for other teams, perhaps, but it makes them look incredibly calm, intelligent, and badass. It sets a precedent that Raiola or any other agent won't be able to pull off this horrible tactics against them AND Milan looks like heros while Raiola/Donnarumma look like villains.

THEN, the unthinkable happened. Milan fans spewed hatred at Donnarumma. Milan mgmt said they will move on. At this moment they realized they screwed up. Donnarumma is getting all the blame because HE did not agree to deal. Everyone knows Raiola is a scumbag, but we believed in Donnarumma. Raiola wasn't the villain, Gigio was. The Donnarumma family are all villains and the world sees it as sneaky, and snakey, and downright disrespectful.

This brings us to today. Fat Raiola held a press conference to explain actions. He said that Milan pressured them. Milan acted like bullies and the mafia and they were scared and uncomfortable to sign a renewal so he said no,now. He's playing the victim, but then he took the blame. My thinking is Donnarumma and family are upset at all the backlash. They are mad at Raiola for toying around and not signing deal and trying to be a big shot. Now Raiola has to save face by fabricating lies so he doesn't lose Donnarumma as client after what he did.

My prediction for how this turns out? Mirabelli/Fassone work on securing another goalie. Perin, and whoever else is available with clause that if Donnarumma stays, they'll loan him out, but if Donnarumma leaves, he's starting goalie. Perhaps they will even wait till after u-21 Euros. Then Mirabelli, Fassone, and Montella will meet with Donnarumma/family/Raiola and see if he will sign renewal deal. Donnarumma signs, Raiola takes the blame and Donnarumma becomes hero again. Says he never wanted to leave, Raiola tried too much, all is forgiven. Best case is Donnarumma fires Raiola but alas.

That's my $.02

20. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i could see that happening. maybe this is a learning opportunity the kid needed to get his shit together on the business side of the game.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  21. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Think Raiola was in their head too much and they went along with it. Perhaps he didn't have enough maturity to not allow him to do what he did and the family was too into making most money properly so they just went a long with whatever he said. His job is to make most money he can for player plus make money for him, so he prob made Milan look like bad ones and the family too nieve or sneaky to speak up and say no. Either way, Raiola looks horrible through out this... and i love it

22. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Fassone was quick to leave the meeting last week and declare that Donnarumma didn't want to sign. That clearly put pressure on him, and if you're right GC, then Fassone played it right causing the family to point the finger at Mino who had to invent the abuse and threat story. Love it, if true.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  23. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan mgmt made it all about Donnarumma moving on and not wanting to stay. The fans trust mgmt and saw the contract and turned on Donnarumma. Perfect storm that completely backfired on Raiola. Gonna be interesting to see what happens.

Donnarumma gonna renew for less money and apologize? LOL

24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #99 Calcio Pauly, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    It'll cost Rayoily money if Gigio happens to watch games next season. It'll cost Gigio a trip to the World Cup. Without playing, teams are unlikely to offer him the same that Milan has. Madrid might do something stupid and do it, but Juve and PSG aren't likely to. Not playing for a year will lower his value, initially. The uncertainties are...certain, so I agree, it'll definitely be interesting. I can see them offering him the same money and a conditional $100m release clause that climbs with his value each year. That should be the offer. If Madrid triggers the release clause, fine, at least we're compensated.

25. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    none of us really know what raiola's demands were, but i tend to believe that management was willing to put in a reasonable release clause if he would have agreed to it. it really sounds like raiola overplayed his hand, and it backfired on him.