Suggestion: BigSoccer host online discussions with guests

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by tfoisie, Nov 10, 2004.

1. tfoisie

tfoisie New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    It would be great if BigSoccer hosted online discussions with guest players, coaches, administrators, trainers, journalists, etc.

Members could go to a section of BigSoccer to see when these online guest discussions would be occuring and/or they could be notified via e-mail when new guest discussions were scheduled. (I'm new to BigSoccer so if this done already, it would be great if someone could share where upcoming guest discussions are listed).

These discussion could occur in one of two formats: 1) Questions could be submitted before or during the discussion and responded to "real-time"; 2) Questions have to be submitted in advance (members notified when cutoff time is) and then a BigSoccer Boards team member would preselect questions for the guest to respond to (e.g., more labor intensive but would lead to better discussion.

It would be great if Bruce Arena could be a "regular" after USMNT matches with different MLS/European/South American players and coaches being frequent guests throughout the year as well; administrators, trainers and journalists on occasion).

If this is not in scope for BigSoccer, does anyone know who else might host such discussions? (The Washington Post and USA Today do it on occasion but it does not seem to occur that frequently).

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have some questions I'd like to ask Greg Andrulis.

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    didn't this use to occur???

and pw is doing it now

4. tfoisie

tfoisie New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    What's PW?

5. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    peter wilt

the anti nick s.

6. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed, it did.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone wants to play around with the forumid, the forum might still be around somewhere. Plug in random numbers, you might get lucky.

8. Made In India

Made In India Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    Kalkata, Hindustan
    Hello kardaheh everybody. My name is goptal savindah prakesh and I play for India's national team. I am in the states right now to visit my family. American football fans think the sport isn't popular here, what should the indian fans say then? India's soccer population is growing every day but we are still not good enough not even in asia. It will be decades until we reach teams like korea iran japan china and arabian countries. A counrty with our population should be a world power but thanks to economic problems we are not and that is not only for football. Our performance in the last olympics was just pure dissapointing. A country of nearly 2 billion people only sends a handful of athletes and finsih with only 1 bronze. It's a real shame. If we had your economy we would be the best in everything. Anyways that is not why I am here. The real reason i am here is that i saw this and wanted to let you guys know I don't mind being a guest on your show. I know India's team and players are unknown to everyone but I was hoping I can take this opputunety to tell everyone about india's football and it's history. For example I bet many football fans don't know that India could have been in a world cup but didn't go because they didn't had shoes! I know some may laugh but This is true.
    During my stay here I hope I can teach you guys and the rest of the fans more about the indian football because in the future we might be a power house. :)
    thank you
    yours truly
    goptal savindah parkesh

9. tfoisie

tfoisie New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Do most Indian soccer players come from the North or South of India? How often do you play Pakistan in soccer and who usually wins?

10. Made In India

Made In India Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    Kalkata, Hindustan
    Hell tfoisie,
    Most of India's football players come from the south. Most of India's good players are from Bombay and dehli as well as my hometown of kalkata. As for pakistan, India might not be an asian powerhouse but pakistan is even worse than us! We don't play them much but everytime we have I believe we have won 90% of the time. As you might know India is present in the first round of world cup qualifires in asia and is paired with asian powerhouses japan and oman and a lower level team singapour. Where as pakistan did not even make it to this round(in order to make it to this round lower level asian teams have to defeat each other first). We actually put up a good show against japan and oman and lost respectfuly like 3-0 not with a huge margine like some teams do. However in football you never know for example maldives lost to iran 16-0 or 17-0 a few years ago and earlier this year they tied another asian powerhouse south korea 0-0! this gave me hope and I actually thought we might have a shot at making it to the next round but unfortunately japan and oman were just too powerful for our team. I do believe however that in the future india will be a force to reckon with, at least in the asian scene. We have the passion for it we only need some help financially and we will be ok. We have a very big stadium but thats about it. We need to build more stadiums like it and we have to form a good league. There are a lot of talents in india we just need to find them via a good league. The movie bend it like beckham has actually made football very popular among the women in India now only if they could make a similar movie to attract the indian male population it would be great :)
    hope I have answered your question my friend.

goptal savindah parkesh

11. climax

climax New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Kolkata, Montreal
    I have never heard of any player in India named goptal savindah parkesh, let alone a national team player. Which club do you play for? Your post implies that you are not aware of the poor showing of India in recent WCQs. Oman defeated India 5-1 (not 3-0). Japan defeated India 7-0 and 4-0. If you were a national team player, you would know that. The intent of propagating news about Indian football is commendable, but there is no need for deception.

12. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    I was the goalkeeper of the season last year in the East Valley Soccer League.
    I'll agree to participate too. Fire away.

13. Made In India

Made In India Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    Kalkata, Hindustan
    This is my real name(in hindi) the names you know are probably from punjabi. I play for East bengals.
    I am aware of our poor showings. Off course I knew the scores I played in those games after all! I gave 3-0 as an example compared to a team like maldvies 17-0 defeat. Why would I want to lie huh? I am here to let everyone know about indian football something that seems like you and the rest of our fellow indians have forgotten to do. Please don't accuse someone of something without not being sure of it.

thank you and may our team get stronger and make our people happy.

GSP

14. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK:

Question One:

"Why is Greg Andrulis paid to be a professional soccer coach?"

15. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    "Obese/Retarded" is a new minority class included in the EEOC laws. Wal-Mart had enough greeters and the Crew had an opening.

16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WOW!!! Finally an answer!

Your wisdom and knowledge are astonishing.

OK then, see if you can anwer THIS:

Since the Crew's GM quit last summer to go get a real job and the Crew coach just completed the last year of his contract, who exactly is in charge of the Crew right now?

17. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    Danny Szetela's mother.

18. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well THAT certainly explains a lot.

So then tell me, please:

Since the Crew traded away every single 2005 draft choice in order to stock up on Senior Citizens, and used their allocation on Tony "Penalty Kick" Sanneh, exactly how is it they will rebuild the team?

19. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    Tressel should be available soon. Hire him.