Sudamericano U-20 (2015)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Aug 5, 2014.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The Dominguez injury is huge, the kid had already settled in and was in the rotation for starters on that position in BSC, he brought good level of playing, experience.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  3. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone else excited for today's game, Recalde; Corozo, Cangá, Santos, Chalá; Mercado, Cevallos, Intriago, Burbano; Parrales and Cortéz will be our line-up. This game against Argentina is one of our key games (the other being Paraguay).

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Man. These U20 from Ecuador aren't very good.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Actually let me rephrase that... they suck.

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Let me rephrase that again... the defense and the goalie suck haha.

7. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well at least they scored please tie before half.... please ??

8. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You have to be kidding me.....

9. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Kinda think we would've had a better chance if we took the u17 copa naciones squad.....

10. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It somehow actually gets worse...

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Recalde is an awful keeper. Whatever happened to Xavier Cevallos? He was the starter on the U-20 a few months ago.

Our players are much more experienced in first division ball yet they haven't gelled well at all. I blame Vizuete more than the players. I know what these guys are individually capable of b/c I've seen it done in their respectively teams. There's no way I can look at Robert Burbano and say "that's all he's got". If anyone saw the BSC vs. Emelec final that kid terrorized BSC in both games and had an awesome second semester. No veo la mano del tecnico aqui....just have to say it as it is.

Me deja dudas Vizuete para la seleccion mayor. I feel like he just didn't put in enough time into this U-20 either.

12. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The defense is awful but the keeper is even worse. Their confidence has been low since the first minute of the game; they've been thoroughly outplayed. I had higher hopes for this team but they are not looking good.

13. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    With every goal they score they gain more confidence and we lose confidence, i hope this is not a reflection of what Vizuete will do in the copa america. Seriously imagine if Gruezo and Gonzalez got called up it would at least be a one or two goal game

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it's not the squad. It's the lack of work aka. preparation. I don't know what Vizuete has been doing these last few days, but I feel like he didn't put in any time into this U-20. Weren't the microciclos canceled 2 months ago? They never made up for it. The FEF has been too focused on Vizuete taking care of la seleccion mayor and forgot the U-20 tournament was in January. Smh.

You guys know what else I'm taking into account? The fact that IF vizuete qualifies this U-20 to the WC, then he'll have to make a decision on whether to coach the seleccion mayor in Copa America OR the U-20 in the WC. I feel like there's something weird going on there. I know how Vizuete works at youth level and I can tell you guys it is NOT this. Very disappointing, but I also know what these players are capable of and Vizuete isn't bringing out the best of them as he should.

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gruezo and Gonzalez wouldn't change this squad up by much. They're very important and fundamental to the squad b/c of their experience but it's not the squad or the lack of players at all. It's the lack of work/preparation IMO. Intriago plays much better than the ridiculous performance he's had now. So do Corozo and Mercado. Corozo is getting bullied and bodied. That's not the real Corozo I've seen playing year long in first division. Maybe the lack of having Jeison Dominguez is a hit to us in the defense, but either way this performance is ridiculous wherever you see it from.

My feelings about us qualifying have suddenly changed. I'm worried Vizuete's mind isn't into this.

16. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    B9 what you are saying is 100% true. the lack of preparation was probably the biggest factor, while the other u20 teams had some friendlies going we only had 1 game which was against El Nacional. I watched some of their games in the COTIF tournament in August and man did those guys play, Vizuete isn't bring out the best of them just like you mentioned.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The true problem stems from the FEF. Their lack of care in assigning the NT a coach has cost us now even at U-20 level. They basically pulled Vizuete away from his real job (being in charge of the U-20) and made his focus change into renovating la seleccion mayor. Then Chiriboga comes up with the whole "Vizuete va a quedar de DT de la seleccion mayor si sigo al mando" bullsh*t. At the end of the day the U-20 and the official major squad aren't benefiting from this move at all. Vizuete is wasting an entire generation of really great players and it's all the FEF's fault. I can't believe we are in freakin January of 2015 and the NT hasn't appointed a coach. Vizuete isn't even guaranteed to stay after Copa America. In reality the FEF is harming the NT (which needs a top coach to start prepping for the Copa America and Qualifiers) and the U-20 squad (which lacked preparation before this tournament and it is VERY obvious on the field...those who watch the campeonato know damn well that these kids don't play like this. No way in hell!!).

18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

At some point if Vizuete wants to be respected as a DT as you claim he's not, he has to have the gusto to say I can do this and not that. FEF can ask him to do anything but ultimately it's up to Vizuete to refuse....here lies the problem why I think he was never a step up for your NT but rather a lateral move at most over Rueda.
    If anything, this U20 campaign, where he's had control for a while, would have been a showcase moment for him to show his true worth. Really disappointed tbh because I thought this Ecuador U20 would have done so much better against Arg.

19. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree with all of you, also let us remember that our U-20 team was supposed to do a tournament shortly after the COTIFF but it was canceled, FEF and Vizuete didn't do much for this team but also, it must be said, the players sucked yesterday, I find it incredible how little defense oriented we are, Argentinian players are allowed to receive the ball turn around and still have space, Canga, Santos and Chala were a complete joke, I am sorry but for a 20 year old kid, Canga is slow, very and reacts poorly when beat, we seen this in Liga and NT as well, Parrales has sucked all second semester for El Nacional and showed yesterday, Corozo and Burbano at least played a decent half each, but seriously, 4 ut of 5 goals came from some very poor defending and lack of agression I blame FEF for the loss yesterday BUT I BLAME PLAYERS FOR LA GOLEADA.

20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Que verguenza...

Why are we the team that gets goleado? Or the one that can outplay teams like Brazil every now and then, we get so close but we never really shame anyone?

21. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I only watched the first 30 minutes as I had to go out, but yeah that struck me as well. The shape and defensive setup was a shambles. No pressure on the ball, playing so deep and giving the argies the field and ball. When the ball did fall to one of our players it was booom, clear the ball wherever. Flashback to 1980's.
    I do have to blame Vizuete for this, as I'm sure this is not what these boys are taught in the big teams some of them play. We have to make a clear cut with the past and move on from this small team mentality. God help us if Vizuete keeps the Senior Team job.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Canga has never convinced me. No way in hell he is ready for the National Team. He doesn't read the game well and can't play it cleanly from the back. That kid Santos?...he's a joke. Overall a very poor performance from the whole team. Mercado and Corozo had their moments. Corozo did get beat on more than one occasion though. The dude he was marking had his way with him at times. That being said he made some good runs and had some good crosses. I'm not ready to give up on this team...I think as they develop some chemistry and with some proper adjustments we can still have a good showing.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    if vizuete wakes up and figures out how to put more time into theses player they could be i dont think it there chemistry a lot of them played very well together before i think cevallos should start instead of recalde and betancort instead of parrales going back to having sanchez over santos might be a good idea to hopefully they pull through our next game is peru later today lets see what happens then boliva so this gives us time and room for improvement it doesn't look like peru u-20 has played an official or competitive match in a while

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone watching this? I got to know, are Parrales and Canga players with Chiriboga's son as manager? these 2 cannot be starters. What is up with Burbano? Mercado is a beast.

25. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    1-0 down to Peru if we lose this i will facepalm