Sudamericano Sub-20 (Uruguay 2015) [r]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Dec 11, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Humbertito is the DT, I will never be convinced by him. I know he won the Sub 17 qualifiers in 2013 and took that team to the semi-finals of the Sub 17 mundial that year, and now the team is playing well, but I refuse to give any credit to anybody with the last name of Grondona.I think it is similar to Batista with the Olympics of 2008, talent over management. I think it is similar this type around, a good generation with the competition not as good.

Albiceleste2010 and locoxriver repped this.
  2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina already a goal down, oh dear.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And there's the equalizer! :)

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Congrats Argentina.

And Thank you for the help!:thumbsup:

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We won this tournament. Congrats!

The comparison to Kun seems to be justified on this one.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://www.buenosairesherald.com/ar...-uruguay-wins-u20-south-american-championship

Argentina has beat hosts Uruguay 2-1 and won the under 20 South American Championship after 12 years, in a match played at Centenario stadium in Montevideo.

With the victory, the Albiceleste qualified for the U-20 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics, while Uruguay qualified for the WC but will have to play the Pan-American championship to seek qualification to the Olympics to be held in Brazil.

The Centenario stadium was at full capacity, with over 45 thousand Uruguay fans cheering for their team and booing the visitors, even when the Argentine national anthem was being played before the game.

Just eight minutes into the first half, Gastón Pereiro opened the score for the local team. Amaral sent a pass from the left flank of the pitch, which was badly cleared by Argentine goalkeeper Agustín Batalla, and was seized by the Uruguayan number 10.

At 37 minutes, in a similar play, Argentina’s Correa sent a pass into the box that was superbly hooked by Driussi, who tied the game.

During the second half, Argentina could have scored the lead at just 10 seconds, but forward Gio Simeone missed an incredible chance, having been left alone in front of Jonathan Uruguayan goalkeeper Cubero.

It was at 36 minutes that Angel Correa gave the Albiceleste the victory with a great individual play, leaving two “Charrúa” defenders by and striking the ball into the net just 5 meters away from the goal.

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well done to the youngsters, they have been brilliant in this tournament.

10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a beautiful goal.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am going to be interested seeing who will be there for the Olympics next year. 23 and younger our attackers will likely be the best in the Olympics, if they are going to be permitted to go. It will be great seeing them prevent Brasil to win a gold at home! But always have to be careful with the African sides, they normally field about 10-15 over U23 players:whistling:

Pipiolo repped this.
  12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #62 Rattlehead, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Brazil also tend to do well at Olympic, they've reached 5 finals, although they blew all of them.

Correa in my opinion has been our best player in this tournament (Although I only streamed 3 full matches). But he has proof his worth as the U-20 captain. Not to mentioned he just recovered from heart problem.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brasil has reached 3 finals.

14. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    vamos vamos argentina

10302353_1580954202117357_2178017483505312171_n.jpg

Albiceleste2010 and Rattlehead repped this.
  15. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry, yea the other 3 were a semifinal.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #67 Rattlehead, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015

Now if we can win this year Copa and then Olympic , WYC and finally WC 2018. My football would be complete.

Leon12 and afar repped this.
  18. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    An excellent effort. Like SM a bit reluctant to give Grondona much credit. Some interesting propositions for the future but we'll find out more in the actual Cup this year. Also a great chance for some of the youngsters to get a run out in 2016 at Rio.

Were we missing any players that could be added to the u20 this summer ?

SupaMario repped this.
  19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its so sad that this group of very likable player is coached by such a ******** like Humberto Grondona. After the game, instead of celebrating the victory, he had to go on about this and that and how people people doubted him blah blah how he tried to provoke uruguay before the game saying they weren't a clasico, his disgusting celebration against Colombia when we got the late equalizer. Just a horrible, horrible man. He got arrested a few years ago during a Talleres match when he was the Sub 17 manager:

http://mundod.lavoz.com.ar/futbol/h...e-talleres-y-la-policia-puntana-lo-retiro-del

Seriously, a manager of the national team got arrested for unruly behavior and inciting violence. Its unbelievable this guys behavior

His coaching career includes a descenso with Talleres, a failed attempt to ascend with Godoy Cruz, failure to qualify with Mexico for the Sub 20 World Cup in the shitty CONCACAF region, disasters with Arsenal and Independiente... Just an all round terrible manager.

That being said, I am going to support the team for the pibes, but its going to be disgusting to see this man representing Argentina in the Olympics in 2016. Imagine him winning an Olympic Gold, we'll never hear the end of it. That would open a door for him to coach the full national team. And don't think I'm joking, he still has enough power in the AFA with the cronies who supported his dad to make it happen one day.

On another note congrats to the pibes, especially the ones from River, Simeone, Martinez, Mammanna, Battalla, Driussi, and Cabrera and also to Correa who overcame so much to be the outstanding player of this tournament

Pipiolo repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The U-20 World Cup draw just took place in New Zealand 10 minutes ago. We got Panama, Austria, and an undefined African team.

Full draw:

[​IMG]

RiverGaucho repped this.
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL reminds me of the copa libertadores draw... why not wait for all the teams to be qualified before doing the draw?

Also funny to see Spain isn't their despite the fact that Barcelona has the best youth system in history :rolleyes:

jimmi_moh repped this.
  22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Whether or not Gio is "the real deal" is yet to be seen, but it is worth noting that all of his 9 goals were against Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Paraguay... not exactly the strongest rivals.

When he faced Brazil, Colombia, and Uruguay --the 3 stronger sides in the competition-- he finished goalless in those 270 minutes.

We'll see what happens.. All the best to Simeone, I'm just hoping he's not one of those players who scores on small teams but disappears in the games that matter.

RiverGaucho and SupaMario repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I tend to agree, these 9 goals, I didn't expect him to score this many. Most, were rebounds, right place, right time. Plus, there are kids that shine at the U20s and go away. I believe it was Lucho Galletti who scored this many goals over a decade ago in the same tournament and basically never hit those heights again. I hope he does well.

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.