Subforums

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Manolo, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Do we need subforums for the Ecuador board? I see all the other countries have them divided into 1. National Team, 2. Clubs, and 3. Players Abroad.

I think it makes sense given the number of threads, and also the # of posts in some of these threads averages in the hundreds.

Plus with the number of players abroad, I think that has to be a category to itself, because that thread is on "Part III" and it has over 600 posts! I get lost in there.

2. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Vale loco,,

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No need to clutter this up more with sub forums. If we all simply keep the threads on topic, we should be ok. There are really only 10 or so main posters here on this board to begin with...20 with the posters that join in every now and again and 25 with your random troll!!

If you ever visit the USMNT boards they open up a thread whenever they have a new question or comment and you end up having 30 threads discussing Donovan simultaneously with threads called, "Donovan; Brazilians love him", "Why the US needs Donovan", "Why Donovan failed in Germany", "Why people need to stop calling Donovan 'Landycakes'", " Why I love Donovan", "Donovan > Inesta", etc, etc, etc...

I mean they had like 30 threads on the Brazil - US match, each started with a single question or a comment that could very well be put into a general USMNT thread, yet all of the suddent he same argument is going on with 4 different posters on 6 different threads...

I think if we manage to open a single thread for each topic and are able to keep them relativly close to topic, then we should be ok as we are....

my two cents.

4. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we should only open up sub-forums whenever the number of active threads is greater than 20. Of the latest 20 threads in the Ecuador forum right now, the oldest one is from June 7th.

That means you can visit this forum once a month and still not have to go to the second page to see all of our updated threads!

It would also be more cumbersome to go to 2 or 3 separate subforums just to read the 5 or 6 threads that get updated frequently. I think the current one-stop-shop model works well for us at the moment.

5. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah i think until we have enough traffic we should stick to this.