Sub-20 Guatemala WCQ 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Congrats on the qualification. I believe this is Guatemala's first qualification to any major competition at any age category (u-17,u-20, Senior).

2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Thanks. This is correct for 11 men football (the only other FIFA tournaments are Futsal WCs but that's not the real thing).

Also 3 Olympic appearances (not FIFA).

3. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard the U-20 will be playing 2 friendly games against Ireland, Iraq and or El Salvador. Not confirmed yet, but lets hope they happen.

4. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Literally took the words out of my mouth. im watching the replay of the semifinal game against costa rica, and even 25 mins in i had to pause and say something about the number of outside shots we're taking. I don't know if it was the goal in the 2nd minute and now they're rushing and overexcited after it, or they're just more confident to shoot after the usa game, but these kids aren't afraid to shoot and i'm loving it.

Another quick observation about the tourny as a whole for us - both games we ended up losing (honduras 3-1, costa rica 2-1) we gave up really really early goals. I'm not one to do 'coulda woulda shoulda' but if we take into account they were 2 very early goals when the kids were getting in to the flow of the game and not quite settled down yet, i think we can take even MORE out of what was already an incredible tourny.

5. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Thanks LM, congrats to Mexico aswell for being the U20 Champions in Guate. I really hope these kids get picked up to play abroad. Im really proud for the whole U20 of Guate. Since i saw them play the first time, i knew they were going to bring happiness to our Guate.

6. Blockwall18000

Blockwall18000 New Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Do you guys remember Enrique Miranda, the guy playing in Uruguay?
    Wasnt he eligible to play for our sub 20?

7. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  8. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hey Block welcome bro, yes i remember him. I think he wasnt called cause he had just joined the team in Uruguay or was in the process. Thats the only reason i can think of. I'm wondering if Almeida will call all these players that are playing in South America :confused:, we def. got lot of talent now

9. mainorperez2

mainorperez2 New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    guti ive been out man! but OMG the U20 DID WHAT THEY HAD TO DO! they showed alooot of talent and Congrats to them they deserve it also i have to give that one to Almedia!!! He brings postive to Guatemala!! also GUTI is there any news of any of this patojos playing Abroad? ive belive they should start in new clubs!!!!

10. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYHsiMiU1sg&feature=related"]YouTube - ¡¡¡ Guatemala al Mundial !!! -Tributo-[/ame]

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Check out our new thread of List of Guatemalan players playing abroad, is only the list so just check it out dont comment, i made it and i will be editing any new concrete info that we have about Chapines playing abroad

12. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
  13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US