Stupid, expensive stadium parking!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by NJ Landon Fan, Aug 22, 2002.

1. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    What is wrong with this capitalistic, money hungry country? Everything is in the interest of making a few extra dollars. The MetroStars present home is at the Meadowlands/Giants Stadium. In July, parking was $10...which I found ridiculous to begin with. BUT...when I went to see an international game Aug. 8 (real madrid vs. A.S. Roma), they raised the price to $15!! what is going on! We should stop this! It's insane! A bottle of water is $3.75....RIP OFF!!! So what I propose...is a massive strike...if everyone refuses to park and parks before the tolls and even on the Turnpike, maybe they'd do something. If a lot of cars are parking illegally, they can't tow us all! So they wouldnt tow us at all! We must stop this! I did some research, and at an Earthquakes game, it's only $8 for parking, $5 for season ticket holders. MetroStars season ticket holders dont get a break! This is wrong and we must stop this!

2. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

It's not just the Metros either. At the Fire games you can't bring ANY food or drinks, and there's no drinking (which sucks, even though I'm not old enough to drink.) :( If you try to sneak something in they'll check your bags. On top of that, water is $2.75 and pop is $3.75. I don't even wanna tell you the rest of the food prices!!! Also, there isn't a "real" parking lot and with that many people coming to games it's a total mess and traffic jam in Naperville. To make it worst, you're not "supposed" to park at local bars, stores, houses, or buildings. I don't think locals like it at all. :)

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    you guys might want to have your diapers checked

4. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

Hey! I'm just complaining the best way I can. I'm Not trying to start nothing.

5. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Welcome to the world of professional sports. Why don't you make due on your strike so the fans at the game don't have to listen to your whining.

6. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three words: Location, Location, Location (just like real estate).

7. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    What does the AS ROMA vs REAL MADRID game have to do with MLS?

8. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    It cost me nothing to park for fire games. I just have to show up about an hour early.

9. RushOnze

RushOnze New Member

May 16, 2001
    Colorado
    The saddest part about the Metrostars parking situation is that they receive NO, ZERO, NADA money from it. They also dont set the prices on any of it, including the concessions. Do you see now why their own stadium is so important? They need to GET OUT of Giants Stadium now.

10. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    actualy when I went to CMGI they charged the same and the money goes to one owner. Mr Kraft. I think it was $15 for the parking. But the food prices were kind of steep. Oh well, my donation to US Soccer.

11. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    the parking around the stadium here is free.... and the tickets aren't expensive.....

but 10 bucks for a parking space is too much for me.....

there is any public transportation to meadowlands???

12. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    How much are car bombs?

13. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    Re: Re: Stupid, expensive stadium parking!

[Andrew Dice Clay] It's soda!!! is says it on de fooking bottle, farmah!!!!

I'm ova here now[/Andrew Dice Clay]

14. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should be charged twenty dollars and a couple fingers for calling it 'pop'.

15. nadpolice9

nadpolice9 New Member

Nov 26, 2001
    Boston , MA
    how much is parking at crew stadium?

16. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    Parking at Mutiny games was $6. We all know what happened to that. I agree with you that those prices are wrong!!!

17. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap has been expensive at ball games since i first went to an Oriole game in 84. Fact of life. No biggie. Dont want to pay, dont go.

18. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    $7

19. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    i think that for me is still too much.... there is any public transportation to crew stadium????... How much it cost????

20. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

Sorry! I'll say soda for those of you who don't know what pop is. We call it POP here in the Midwest (or maybe just Illinois.....) Jeesh, where are you guys from, Cali? I still like the sound of pop better, but you can keep your weird words!

21. Tejas

Tejas Member+

Jun 3, 2000
    Tejas
    Pop is a fagtitious contrivance of Michael Jackson.

Soda has its basis in Bicarbonate of Soda which is a reference to fizzy water.

..You be the Judge..

22. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    OOOOOHHHH, MAGIC! It worked! lol.
    I went to the MetroStars - D.C. game and parking is now back down to $10....wonder what happened?

23. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    It's been 10 bucks all season for the Metros. NJSEA jacked the price up to 15 bucks for the Madrid/Roma match to maximize their take. If they had any idea 70k was going to turn out it would have been $20.

24. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Yet he won't count those revenues while complaining about losing so much money on MLS.

25. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    it's called pop in chicago area only

go anywhere else and most of the peoiple will call it soda

st. louis is even soda