Stuff to ponder...

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    "Remember that old saying 'speed kills'? Well, the U.S. women really kill you with their size. Abby Wambach and Cindy Parlow are just too difficult for teams to match up with, and how about the respect Sweden gave Wambach. They might have feared her more than any other player on the field."

Rob Stone, ESPN.com writing about today's match

Paul

2. #2FairFan

#2FairFan New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    What 2 players got subed out?

3. MichaelR

MichaelR New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Well, just because April made a bonehead move in subbing out Abby doesn't mean that what Stone wrote isn't true. And Parlow was great until she got tired.

4. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    "Bonehead" and "Rob Stone" in a sentence always fits for me.

5. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Wambach got taken out for Milbrett, who didn't do much, really, IMO, and Parlow made way for Aly in the 70th minute. You know Reddick replaced Chastain after she broke her foot in the first half.

And Mitts dabbled in central D for a bit and helped stabilize the Charge when they needed it....

Paul

6. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Weirdness. Parlow you could see was tired, but Abby didn't *look* to be not fit to go a full 90.

Paul

7. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Me and my spider sense again...

I have a gut feeling (no more than that) that we're going to be hearing from either Heather or Lorrie directly, via either of the 2 local newspapers, addressing their absence from this Cup. If so, then look for it either tomorrow or Wednesday. If it's in the DN, then it will probably be on the front page of the sports section. If it's the Inky, then a smaller-sized story.

Or I could be proven wrong and there won't be anything :|

Paul (ugh; 18 hours from turning 41...)

8. YOMITTS

YOMITTS New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    I hope you are right.I know i could not let this lie .Matter of fact i haven't.