Striker with most goals in Europe

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by rtung, Aug 9, 2009.

?

Order in goals scored per striker

Poll closed Aug 24, 2009.
  1. Altidore-Cooper-Davies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Altidore-Davies-Cooper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cooper-Davies-Altidore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cooper-Altidore-Davies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Davies-Altidore-Cooper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Davies-Cooper-Altidore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rtung

rtung Member

Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I have a pretty clear opinion of what the order will be, but would like to hear what people think.

2. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cooper could realistically break 20 with the better service/less attention he'll be getting in the 2. Bundesliga. I'm guessing both Davies and Altidore will start around 40-60% of league games and scratch double digits.

3. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonna go with Davies-Altidore-Cooper

4. strathead64

strathead64 New Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Davies-Altidore-Cooper

I guess.

5. Arid_Torpor

Arid_Torpor Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cooper's in the easiest league and will probably get the most PT. Seems like a clear winner.

Alsohealreadyhasone.

6. Napoleon_BA

Napoleon_BA Member

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    CA Lanús
    Yep. Then it comes down to playing time between the other two.

Coop just showed up, already got a start, and already has a goal. He's going to get playing time. And the opposing defenders are not going to be as good.

7. keller#1

keller#1 Red Card

Feb 16, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    cooper had 3 clearcut chances today. No competition. It seems that although he could have gone to a better team, his dad and him decided he'd like to continue being the focus of the attack, and as long as he keeps scoring, he'll become a bigger fan favorite than in Dallas (which isnt that hard considering what, 15 people, show up to Dallas games?)

8. Soccerprep

Soccerprep Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Lafayette, LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think it is cooper-davies-alti. cooper, as has been pointed out is in the easiest league, with not as good defenses. altidore will be on a team that is fighting relegation the majority of the year, and will not be able to use his size to his advantage in the epl. I think Alti ends up between 6-8 goals, Davies (with something like 9-14) will be in the middle of Cooper and Altidore

9. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree with you 100% thats how i see it..unless HULL becomes Hoffenheim...then...maybe not :D

10. dallasandre

dallasandre New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Rockwall, TX
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Hey it isn't 15 it's 20 and when me and my dad show it's 22
    Coop Altidore Davies

11. rtung

rtung Member

Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago, IL, USA

If Cooper scores 20, he'd score more than any other player in 2.Bundesliga last year (3 players tied at 16), so I doubt he gets that, but double digits should be expected, and I think he'll be around the league leaders.

Double digits for Davies would be a definite success in the low-scoring French league, and if Altidore breaks double digits, he would have to start close to every game (to give an idea, 11 players scored 12 or more goals in the Premiership last season and 8 of them play for teams that are in Europe).

12. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cooper will score .5 goals a game. that's what he does. doesn't matter what team.
    Charlie will shock an athletic league and go well past 10 goals.
    Jozy will start almost all if not all Hull's league matches. He will have no service at all so 6-8 goals would be huge.

13. keller#1

keller#1 Red Card

Feb 16, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    we've been treated to some great goal outputs from Dempsey in the midfield. I'd be happy if Jozy got at least 10 goals.

14. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i see this as simply pointing out which league is easier...

i think Cooper-Davies-Jozy, simply b/c i think Cooper will have more opportunities against easier opposition.... davies will see weaker opposition then Jozy.... however, if Jozy starts and Davies doesnt, its quite possible for Jozy to push ahead of Davies...