Streamers?

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Brandon313, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Hello Houston fans!!

I a Carolina Railhawks supporter.... (lol my local USL team...currently in the semi finals of the USOC though!!) and we are also Orange....i have teamed up with the supporters club of our team to try and help make this club as fanatical and loyal as El Batallon and the Texian Army....we love to see what a good cheer section can be...

Anyways, we are always trying to do more, Drums, Flags, Smoke bombs, and streamers.....Now when it comes to Streamers, i see the HUUUGE amounts of streamers you guys throw when you score....where are you getting them??? Do you buy them in bulk?? because before games i go and clean out Walmart and Party City of Orange, white, and Blue streamers....usually about 25 bucks worth, and then pass them out to the section...

Where do you guys get so many streamers??

here are some pictures of our section...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The next time I am in NC I will party with you guys.

3. sircuauh

sircuauh New Member

May 3, 2006
    H-town
    We Get Them At Hobby Lobby Or Party Places Like That, Heck Even Walmart
    3 For A 1$.

You Can Get Them In Bulk If You Ask, I Think We Have Gotten Them In The Past In Bulk Also.

We Usually Have About 300 Per Game

4. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sircuauh pretty much summed it up but Hobby Lobby is the best place for us. Like he said, 3 for $1 but I also get a 10% discount on top of that since I get 300-600 every week and I keep going to the same store. If you go to your nearest Hobby Lobby, they'll probably do the same for you.

I've looked into bypassing the middle man and going straight to the people that Hobby Lobby go through but you have to buy a ton of streamers at once to get a good deal (well into the thousands) and even though it comes out to about 15 cents a streamer, you have to buy like 5,000 at once and I don't have anywhere to keep 5,000 streamers. Even storing 600 is hard.

5. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have storage for 5000 streamers. I think Texian Army should sponsor a streamer give-away!

We should give-away 5000 streamers for the 8/19 game.

6. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good idea...except I have to order a week in advance for 300-600 streamers. I can only imagine how far in advance I'd have to order 5000.

7. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, give away to whom exactly? All I'm saying is, one shouldn't just give away an ass load of streamers to anyone. Member the TFC game? You member! If that keeper was a little bitch, I can only imagine the fit that Sala would throw, he'd make the diving little fishy look honest and sportsmanlike.

8. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah - definitely check tickets and only give to the upper deck so we can rain streamers down on the prawn sandwich crew.

9. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Road trip? I need to get out for a weekend.

10. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah man, we should check the schedule and see when they are playing. I might be in the DC area for labor day. Stay tuned.

Edit: I checked, the Saturday of Labor Day weekend is their last home game of the season, I say we go. It is only about 280 miles from DC.

11. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may not be back from Las Vegas then, I have to go lobby.

12. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get back by then.

13. bzygo

bzygo New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Alief (Houston), Tx
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked how TFC fans had special pink streamers for Landon, can we do something like that for the October 7 game? Maybe find some streamers with flowers or hello kitty on them???

14. elementbr10

elementbr10 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Texas City, TX
    Pink streamers in October would make sense. If somebody contacted the front office about trying to do something for Breast Cancer month, that would make more sense and work out even better. The Komen Race for the Cure is October 6, the day before the game. The Aeros were able to raise over $5,000 last year. The Dynamo would be able to easily make more than that if they gave $1 for every ticket they already sold.

15. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To throw, or not to throw, that is the question. Whether tis nobler to suffer the crate paper of thine enemys.............:p

16. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Security threated to throw me and Max out for "throwing streamers at a non celebratory time", when we went to the RailHawks game 2 weeks ago.

We are trying to hit the Portland keeper during play (although the play was at the other end of the field).

17. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pics?

18. Cansez

Cansez Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Suburbia, Texas
    Streakers? Yeah, I'm cool with that.

[​IMG]

Oh wait, you said streamers. Never mind ...