Stoke season 12/13 thread.

Discussion in 'Stoke City FC' started by The Potter, Aug 22, 2012.

1. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Went the Brit today (first time in ages). Cameron was excellent, more of a box-to-box player than a defensive midfielder imo, definite starter and a crowd favorite already. All our subs were terrible and it must be Pennants last season at this level. Crouch is still our class act.

Arsenal will struggle to get in the top four if they insist on starting Podolski and Gervinho.

4. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So our new signings are: Cameron, Edu, Knightley, Ness and Charlie Adams, considering they've probably cost a total £10m that's tidy business but I'm not sure our aging squad is better than it was last season. Etherington was on the slide last season and can Crouch really be expected to be as good again, add to this being in the prem is going to be worth maybe £20m+ a year more next year surely this was a good time to spend.

Consider this Soton have Gaston Ramirez, W.Ham have Andy Carroll, Reading have Pog, QPR have Park, Granero, Cesar.....even Villa have signed a Belgian (so you know he's good), our star signing is Charlie Adams.

Could be a long season.

5. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...et-to-announce-decision-on-his-future?cc=5739

Talk of us getting Owen on pay as you play, would be a very good option off the bench especially compared to the terrible finishers we currently have.

Good to see Charlie Adam play so well over the weekend, looks like he'll do very well. Tough to succeed in Liverpool atm, even though he'd probably always be short of that level they aspire to.

6. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    4 draws on the bounce. Considering the fixtures, 2 away fixtures and home games against Arsenal and City not bad.

Begovic and Shawcross really are CL level players. Love them!

7. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Beat the oh so amazing:rolleyes: Swansea very easily today, we will finish above Swansea, we are the better team. N'Zonzi what a signing, probably good enough to play for France. This is easily the best team we've had under Pulis imo.

Anfield and Old Trafford next. One point out of those two games would be a decent return, what a horrible fixture list we've had early on, as tough as anybody's. Glad Liverpool gave Norwich a humping, as they were gonna thrash someone soon to make a statement, and I was a little scared it was going to be us.

9. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Draw at Anfield, good result. I wasn't happy with how we played, if we'd performed how we did at the Bridge we would of won. Not happy with the hacking, there's a difference between being physical and being thuggish.

Going into the international break thought I'd rate the first XI

Begovic: A: has he put a foot wrong? And a spectacular shot stopper.
    Wilson: C: Not a left back, top pro, no more than decent as a footballer
    Cameron: B: Versatile, hard-working, good athlete, alright technique. Like him.
    Shawcross: A: MOTM so often, just a great pure defender.
    Huth:B: Not the athlete Shawcross is but other than that top notch
    Kightly: C: He's never going to be the player Ethers was but he does a job.
    N'Zonzi: A: Just oozes class, great protection for the back 4. When he leaves we'll make a lot of money.
    Whelan: C: Been in great form this season but he's still Glenn Whelan.
    Walters: D: I don't get what he offers
    Adam: D: He clearly has ability but currently we're carrying him
    Crouch: A: The man

10. GonzaMagico

GonzaMagico Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I would like posters' help. I am a U8 Boys Soccer Commissioner here in Houston and I wanted to see if the Club could support us with an autograph picture of Geoff Cameron. Geoff played for the Houston Dynamo and we would like to name the Cup after him.

I have contacted the club via Charity Request but I haven't heard back from them. Does anyone have a direct contact with the club to help me?

11. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    13 pts from 15:D

12. VisUnitaFortior

VisUnitaFortior New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    GonzaMagico - go on the Stoke City website and just try all of the different e-mail addresses you can find on there. Someone from marketing / PR would be able to help I imagine?

Loving the season so far - I think we can win at Villa on Saturday. Get close to the top 4! :D

13. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone have any idea where to get the Stoke away jersey outside of the Stoke official online store?

14. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    2 points out of 18 and rock bottom of the form table. If things don't pick up soon I'll start to worry. Pleased with our winter signings in the sense that we're building for the future but I'd of liked liked an impact player to come in and give the squad some oomph. I'd of loved someone like Darren Bent.

15. totalfootball9

Feb 27, 2007
    Central PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much chatter in the Stoke forums...I checked in yesterday to see if there was much talk about Brek Shea signing, but not too much going on..

I'm an Arsenal supporter but love that Brek has signed with you guys and I'm really excited to see what he can bring to the table. I'll be checking in from time to time..

16. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    write one repped this.
  17. Sergei_Shtaniuk

Sergei_Shtaniuk Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    No point signing someone like Bent, he doesnt contribute if you dont create the chances for him, and we dont create enough. We already have Owen to do that sort of role

Delighted with our January deals. Begovic's long term replacement and a new winger. Could have done with a full back, but Wilson is back now.

Hopefully Pulis sees sense and starts Kenwyne/recalls Pennant

18. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Meh, decent season in the end. Hope we sign an exciting player in the summer.

19. Sergei_Shtaniuk

Sergei_Shtaniuk Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Gah, thank God this season is over. 2013 has been horrific so far

Big summer ahead for Pulis if he stays. Has to ship out a lot of deadwood

20. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think he'll stay.

21. Sergei_Shtaniuk

Sergei_Shtaniuk Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I dont think he'll go of his own accord. Coates wont sack him either, so it depends on whether Peter stays or abdicates in favour of his daughter. Denise wants Pulis out

22. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    01 Jun 22:00​
    Next Manager Markets

Next Permanent Stoke City Manager

more bets

SelectionPrice
    Rafa Benitez
    9/4

Roberto Di Matteo
    9/1

Mark Hughes
    12/1

Gus Poyet
    12/1

Phil Neville
    14/1

Roberto Martinez
    14/1

Chris Hughton
    16/1

Steve Bould
    20/1

Steve Davis
    20/1

Dougie Freedman
    20/1

23. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I really hope it's not Mark Hughes.

24. Sergei_Shtaniuk

Sergei_Shtaniuk Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Hughes can ******** off
    I'd be happy with Rafa, RDM or Poyet. Bould and Neville are too inexperienced.

Same for Davis, although I like what he has done with Crewe. We should really nick some of their young prospects again