still waiting for refunds from WC06?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by joamiq, Aug 29, 2006.

1. joamiq

joamiq Member

Feb 14, 2006
    DC
    I resold tickets for two games and cancelled my conditional order and have yet to receive refunds for any of them. The ticket office phone number seems to be disconnected now. Anyone have any idea how I can resolve this?

2. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Have you seen what it says on the Customer Self Service page these days?...

3. joamiq

joamiq Member

Feb 14, 2006
    DC
    I sent a letter to the address on the CSS page including printouts of all relevant emails (order confirmations, cancellation/resale notices) but never received a response. I'm going to send a more threatening letter soon. FIFA owes me over $700 in refunds. Is/was there anyone else in the same boat?

4. scouse_er

scouse_er New Member

May 21, 2006
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I am still waiting for a refund from the 2nd phase of conditional ticket sales.

Is anyone else still owed money?

5. scouse_er

scouse_er New Member

May 21, 2006
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I have just got my refund. I got it through writing to my Credit Card issuer and getting them to issue a charge back which they did with no questions asked. I attached the original email from FIFA advisong that they would be refunding me the money.

During this long process i also emailed FIFA direct, but all they did was forward my email onto the ticketing centre, so I then wrote to Horst Schmidt, one of the Committe members, at the followng address:-
    Horst Schmidt
    Organisationskomitee zur FIFA Fussball-Weltmeisterschaft 2006
    Otto-Fleck-Schneise 6a
    60528 Frankfurt am Main
    Germany

My next step would have been to write direct to Michel Platini and Franz Becanbaeur, but fortunately didn't have to go that far.

Cheers