Stewart gone...

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by cljco, Nov 19, 2004.

1. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    to Chivas in the last round. Huh? Oh well. We protect Vallow.

I'm not sure I've ever even seen Stewart play.

2. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When he played he was worth more than the other players we made available.

3. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm going to miss Stewart streaking down the sidelines, like he did this last season, and his ability to find the open man at the top of the box. Not to metion his good first touch effort and his ability to know where he needs to be to protect Cannon-- Wait you mean in real life as a Rapid, not in FIFA 2004, right... umm....

I mean, I will miss his jig dancing skills and his ability to swell at will.

Good luck Stewie! :D

4. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    Did Chivas do any research on this pick or was it garbage time? Stewart hasn't played for the Rapids in 1 1/2 seasons because of injuries. Good luck amigo.

5. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Silly pick. Maybe MLS made them do this to make up for getting DLT for free.

6. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    Actually, I'm surprised that Vallow wasn't taken, he's definately earned himself a fair shot at an MLS starting role, and doesn't cost much.

7. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    I agree totally.

8. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    It could be that Chivas/Real are gambling that Vallow -- or a player like him -- will simply be waived by their team and available through the waiver draft or for that matter, as a simple signing following a preseason invitation.

9. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Probably worth the risk for Chivas to take Stewart in the last round. It's a great deal if Jeff can return and play at the level he did in 2002.

10. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Especially true since there are rumors that players from regular Chivas will be heading north of the border. A decent gamble.

11. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are hoping his year and a half out of soccer hasn't affected his skill and that he can recover. Taking a real flyer imo.

14. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Shows the ineptitude of the Rapids ... they had a guy that they didn't really need or want ... and they failed to move him.

15. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Hoping?!?!? This is Salt Lake man, don't you mean praying. They probably had a town hall meeting, passed out some bread, brought his lilly white butt up and soaked him in the great salt lake and had a good ol' prayer circle around him. They laid hands and offered him a wife...

I hear Zizi is going to go to Salt Lake if it works for Stewart. But he will get a smaller lake, and cut from the roster first, because of his, um, "tone" *wink* :D
    well, at least we will get to see him 4 times a year. Still in street clothes, but we'll see him. And he was enjoying the mad-crazy night life of Denver. (and to him, he will remember it as such Compared to SLC) Whatever will he do now? Take up square dancing for rehab?

16. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Everyone already knows that earnie stewart is going back to holland..............................

Oh, we had a guy named stewart on the rapids?!

17. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Zizi will do better with Mormon's than witch Dr's. Good luck to him. :)