steve pastorino on 1280thezone this am with Jason Kreis

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by soylentcbc9, Nov 19, 2004.

1. soylentcbc9

soylentcbc9 New Member

May 14, 2003
    C-bus
    David James trying to ask questions about players that might be selected: 1st asked about DJ Countess; Steve said that they are very familiar with him and he will likely be a pick for this afternoon but not the 1st pick.

DJ asked what other names: Steve states Andy Williams is somebody they are after and went onto mention his goal at Crew Stadium on Thursday.

Steve also mentioned that with later picks they will look at players that Ellinger has coached in the past with the US youth teams.

He also mentioned that they will also name the assistant coaches after the 1st of the year.

By the end, he mentions the 3 SI players they will likely try to fill next as well as mentioning over 100 US players overseas they are actively trying to bring some of them in.

He also mentioned they may have the youngest team in the history of the MLS.

Discuss . . . .

2. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Is this the same thing as 1320AM... as I was driving into work today listening to 1320AM they said they had Steve Pastorino and Jason Kreis coming on (about 8am).

I didn't get to hear it, but it sounds like maybe they are making their rounds on the local sports radio shows - good for them, it will go a long way to getting fan interest!

3. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I can tell from this front office, they're wiling and available whenever the media wants them. I say good job to the local radio shows for showing interest and getting the public hyped about soccer.

My sister saw the announcement for the draft party at SkyBox and is planning to attend. Every little media attention helps!

4. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Anyone know if MLSnet.com will have a simulcast/streaming video, etc. of the draft today?

5. soylentcbc9

soylentcbc9 New Member

May 14, 2003
    C-bus
  6. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    Did they take any calls after?

I haven't had any success breaking down the rivalry week barrier. 1280 did have Kreis on yesterday at about 5 too. They were interested in callers following up on it though.

7. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    If anyone is aware of a broadcast (not TV, something accessible from a computer) of the draft, please let me know.

8. Blacksheep

Blacksheep New Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Ohio
    The draft will be on mlsnet.com at 4:00 et.

9. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    That’s funny, MLSnet.com says its going to be on ESPNews.

10. dweed

dweed New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Logan, UT
    ESPN.com says that it will be broadcast on ESPNews and streaming live on MLSnet.com

11. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere on MLSnet.com. Have you found a link for it yet?

12. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    They will make the link active just before it starts.

13. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    OK, its all going down! Its doesn’t get any better than this, watching the draft while at work. I guess the only better thing would be to be at the draft itself!

14. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    I tried to call into 1280 after the Kreis announcement, but the line was busy.

This is sort-of off topic, but Pastorino, Dan Checketts & now Brenes should see if Radio Unica's public affairs show (Nosotros El Pueblo) will have them on. And Blitzzfan and Arelius! And me for comic relief. Did anyone ever find out if Fito Ovalle is an RSL employee?

I just heard a few minutes of Locura Por El Futbol (a syndicated show) and they did not mention anything about the draft.

They did mention that they consider the US to be a lock to qualify about of the Hex, but that's for a different board.