Steve Earle vs. Bill O'Reilly

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by sebakoole, Nov 3, 2003.

1. sebakoole

sebakoole New Member

Jul 11, 2002
  2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man this oughta be good.

I wonder if they'll discuss Rush Limbaugh and recovery strategies?

3. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Tell Us the Truth

"The deal is, he's gonna interrupt me and then eventually he's gonna tell me to shut up," Earle says. "That's what he does, then on to the next thing. Equating any of that with a serious political discussion is like thinking pro wrestling is real. But the worst that comes out of it is I get the *#*#*#*# kicked out of me on Fox News and we get free publicity for the tour. It's a win-win situation. The worst part is I actually have to watch Fox."

:D

4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Who's Steve Earle and why is he not famous?

5. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    If he's not famous or intelligent enough to give an informed response or opinion, then why is he being invited along on the show?? Either O'Reilly is looking for an easy target (probable, considering how much of a coward he is when it comes to things like that), or Earle actually is famous enough (not likely, most liberals kind of ignore him...it's the conservatives who can't keep their panties from bunching up when his name is brought up).

6. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    He is a bluegrass-country-rocker of sorts. His magnum opus is 'Copperhead Road'. About two orders of magnitude less famous than the Dixie Chicks. Calls himself a borderline communist, although I'm not sure he's being serious.

Why he'd be on O'Reilly is beyond me, maybe he went to Ireland and insulted Bush, but there's probably lots of nobodies who do that.

7. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Did anyone watch it? How was it?

I also heard that O'Reilly was a whiny little ponce on the Charlie Rose show, but I missed that, too. Can anyone verify this?

8. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would guess that he's not famous to you because he doesn't get played on K-Rock or Q 104.3.

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a fine record, but it's a minor work compared to the haunting "I Feel Alright."

10. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Steve Earle was never on the program.

Bernard Goldberg was on, however. O'Reilly made sure, when glossing over Goldberg's new book at the start of the segment, to make a point that Goldberg's book is "fair and somewhat moderate, as opposed to the left-wing wackos who these days do nothing but insult or attack" (paraphrase). Guess that Franken book really got to him, since I presume that's who ol' Billy Boy was left-handedly insulting and attacking with that comment.

Even higher comedy on the program was O'Reilly's segment on "The Reagans," which he correctly predicted would get pulled. Problem is, his panties were in a major wad about the miniseries, when he had only seen the same standard 7-minute clip reel sent to all media outlets.

11. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yes i was channel surfing and bam! there it was the charlie rose show. his guest was o'reilly, basically what you heard is true he was evading most questions and was trying to change the subject. in the end they complemented eachother and then o'reilly invited charlie to his show!:eek: