Steve Cangialosi praises ESC & Article on Metro

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by GIO17, Oct 22, 2003.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
  2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Allright!!!! I didn't think they'd be able to hear us in their nice little booth :) Props to Steve C for recognizing the ESC !!
    And it was a rather nice article too....

3. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    You guys left out the best part of the article:

"there is only one Metrostars' home game remaining in 2003, a playoff match versus New England either November 1st or November 8th. For either date, the kickoff will be at 5 p.m.."

It will be a little warmer than an 8:00 p.m. kickoff and you'll still get to see the noon college football games.

4. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    That's very sensible. Although in 2 weeks it will already be dark by 5pm anyway. Still, its a far preferable start time to 8pm on a cold november night.

5. Vulgar? I prefer to think of us as "colorful" or "expressive".

6. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Re: Re: Steve Cangialosi praises ESC & Article on Metro

"Colorful" is for those quiche-eating Dizzy fans, with their BarraBores, etc. "Expressive" is for Chicago. They only know one song, but they hammer it out with all the feeling of a faschist boys club showing off their spanking, new lederhosen.

We are vulgar. We improvise on the spot; we are smart and funny -- and always vulgar.

No vaseline!

7. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I think this thread illustrates that we clearly need a Steve Cangelosi song, vulgar style. Anyone?

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    That would be great if he put that in his next article......."Other Metrostars fans should take a page from the Empire Supporters Club for singing vulgar songs about me."

9. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just can't get Cangelosi and pu$$y magnet to rhyme.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Potvin sucks.... Steve C doesn't ! :)

11. soccerdad

soccerdad Member

Dec 27, 1998
    montclair nj
    So, MSG has already been determined they are not going to advance to the second round?

12. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    No, I think they've determined that Chicago IS going to advance to the second round. And since the second round is only one match and Chicago has home field, that would mean Metro have only one home playoff match.

They did make an assumption (Chicago advancing) but it wasn't as pessimistic an assumption as you think.

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    If the Metros beat the Revs in the playoffs, and Cicago somehow loses to either DC or C-Bus, would the Metros then host another playoff game?

14. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as they put 1994 somewhere in the song that's ok with me.

Signed,

A New Jersey Devils Fan

15. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I saw Cangialosi on Metro Soccer Report this week.

He spoke word for word what was in the article on the MSG site except he left off the last paragraph about the ESC.

He wouldn't be pandering to the internet soccer crowd would he?

16. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And we all know where pandering to the internet soccer crowd gets you...about thismuch further than pandering to the internet cricket crowd... John Madden, lookout! Someone's gunning for your job!