Steffie Jones bashes USWNT

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by etcheverrito, Oct 7, 2003.

1. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally posted by Poachin_Goalz
    And lets not even bring up the Isreal / Jewish issue.

Yes, especially when you can't spell Israel.

We obviously have a different opinion of the definition of "provocation".
    I think you need to learn the definition of "proximal cause". Go on and keep hating America but just know that our role in the world has changed as well as the willingness of the American taxpayer to underwrite U.N. "peacekeeping" missions that only serve to tick people off at America and not the U.N..

America is being "led" by a homicidal Chimp, intent on isolating the US from the rest of the world. Guided by his merry band of neocon fascists (Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Cheney, et al) who dutifully pull his puppet strings, the Chimp is leading us down a path of death and destruction. The administration lied about the WMDs, they lied about the threat to the US, and they implied a connection between 9/11 and Saddam for which there is no evidence (according to the Chimp himself). God help us all until November 2004.

2. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The demise of the US team was engineered by a German....Frau Heinrichs :)

I'm sure April had all the best intentions and worked extremely hard, but she comes from an era in Women's soccer that has long since passed away. The modern game demands more....more technical ability, more sophisticated tactics, greater speed of thought.

Auf wiedersehen, Frau Heinrichs :)

3. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.

And once again take it to the politics forum.

4. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Haha, finally our conspiracies are working. :D

5. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    She's got no class...she rode on 99's success, only took on the promising players from WUSA but never took the time to develop the next player to take over for the vets.

6. FormerGermanGuy

Mar 1, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just re-read this and realized that it could (and has) been misconstrued badly. I am an American and always have been. Therefore:

"us"= America, Americans, and/or the USA.
    "they"= Germany.
    The whole comment was sarcastic but someone who doesn't know me probably would have thought I was a neo-Nazi or something.

Poachin' Golz, check your PM's.

7. Metros#1

Metros#1 New Member

May 14, 2001
    NJ
    Two points.

1. Regarding the effect of WUSA, while it’s true that WUSA helped other countries to compete with USA, especially psychologically, it also helped develop players like Wombach and Boxx, who otherwise would not even be on the USWNT roster.
    2. Which bring us to the failure of April Heinrichs in developing new comers. She had four years and yet none of the new comers she touted had any big impact in this WWC. Luckily, Wombach and Boxx showed up at the last moment, again thanks to WUSA.

WUSA is NOT the major cause of USWNT’s undoing. The coach should shoulder the brunt of the responsibility.