Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes I'm not against Huth starting but if she's gonna play as a wide AM, I feel like you need some good crossers a'la maybe Däbritz on the left side

aNd yes please drop the 4-4-2 system, it doesn't work for Germany

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    l o l

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The last time Marozsan actually started as a real CAM was versus the Netherlands in a 4-2 win. But when was the last time Däbritz started as a CAM and was impressive..?

As usual I feel your bending the truth to fit a particular narrative here...:cautious:, but Däbritz has either started as a wide AM and been very impressive, or a CM/DM and been good.

And the only way Magull will be given any credentials as a CM/AM in this team, is if she's actually allowed to start as a CM/AM in matches like these, no?

If Leupolz is allowed to be merely good or mediocre and gain starting places, I don't understand where people are witnessing all the great form from other CM options to stop Magull from attaining match time.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #854 Batfink, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    ...:confused:
    Hendrich also (like her team) wasn't actually very good in this game lol, and still hasn't been very impressive as a FB for Bayern this season either. So what are you seeing to make you believe Hendrich currently a more competent FB than a host of options (Rall has been selected as a FB) in this current squad..?

I mean your highlighting the few times Maier will get beat 1v1, or makes individual errors within a team making individual errors. But with everything I've seen, I know she still continues to be a better FB than Hendrich this season, and this in both defensive and offensive areas of the field.

Seriously... if you just wanted FB's who could defend really well and nothing more, then wouldn't Blässe be back, and Peter start every match..?

Thomsen repped this.
  5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Däbritz doesn't cross though, and It's why Rolfö is so important for Bayern, as she provides them balance attempting to make the early crosses no other wide AM in that team will.

So if you want good crossing, the only option in this squad who's going to do it with any quality is Gwinn from the right. But hey.. maybe starting Gwinn on the right see's Huth start as a FW if Hrubesch is determined to force two FW's in to his team.

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm pretty sure she has for Bayern :p At least sometimes lol... She's a great player though, no doubt about that.

But is Schmitz injured though as she's in the squad?

7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I still find it so sad that Alushi and Kessler are only 30 and Kulig 28

blissett repped this.
  8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    From the left, Rolfo produces more assists as a traditional winger, but Däbritz is one of the few players Germany has right now, who's really good at going 1v1 or 1v2 attempting to break down opposition defenses.
    I don't know... I'm still surprised to see Frohms part of the GK discussion though.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At least Keßler and Alushi retired happy, having collected some the most prestigious awards in the sport. Kulig never got close to the peak of their of own potential.

blissett repped this.
  10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So apparently Gössling extended her contract for Wolfsburg today until 2021 which means she has no plans of retiring after the WC

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anybody believe she's actually going to the WC anymore...?

Rarely plays league football for a club team that's fast moving on without her, and hasn't really been guaranteed any first choice relevancy for the national team either.

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes lol. I wonder why she hasn’t been a regular for the NT after Neid considering the fact that Jones blamed her for the fact that her defense wasn’t working

She’s a regular for Wolfsburg when fit... unfortunately as a CB these days...

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Because if you haven't noticed, Germany's wnt has been in the hands of complete amatuer's pretending to be professionals...:rolleyes:

Seriously... the players are currently in the final stages of a WC cycle, without having access to the coach who'll be picking the team during the finals...[​IMG]

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I was kinda ironic
    I believe she could still potentially be a DM if she actually played the position for Wolfsburg...

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She's unlikely to be a regular when she returns, and was only a regular CB before Doorsoun's arrival to the club, thanks to Wolfsburg's insistence/negligence not recruiting credible CB options at the necessary level to complement Fischer.

Meaning I keep repeating myself on this subject, but the coaches selecting the players for this team, have been nothing but terrible in this particular area of player analysis.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So yes, Goeßling may be the best wnt DM option, because she's the only player they've tested in that role who's actually dedicated most of her career specializing her skill set around that one role.

But I know Hendrich could have been the teams 1st choice DM with better analysis of players abilities, with Pawollek easily being one of the best former DM youth internationals in the league too.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #867 Batfink, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    GK - Schult - Schlüter - Schmitz

CB - Doorsoun - Störzel - Elsig - Demann
    RB - Maier - Schweers
    LB - Simon - Schweers

DM/CM - Hendrich - Pawollek
    CM - Magull - Leupolz

AML - Däbritz - Schweers - Schüller - Dallmann
    AMR - Huth - Schüller - Dallmann - Däbritz

CAM - Marozsan - Dallmann - Däbritz
    FW - Popp - Schüller - Huth

Competing for the last 2 squad places, Petermann - Gwinn - Lohmann - Kemme - Goeßling - Rauch - Rolser.

But I know Peter will become a wasted defensive selection, and Goeßling will probably go to a WC 60-75% healthy, after hardly playing any football for her club team lol.

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean why was Kellermann so desperate keeping her then? I’m pretty sure she’ll start, especially since Fischer’s soon leaving... :rolleyes:
    and her injury lasted longer than expected, hopefully not a bad one

But I’m pretty sure that Wolfsburg’s gonna recruit Elsig next season :whistling:

19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Babett Schlecht... is her personality really that superior to everyone else in the team??

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany could of had more punch upfront; the once promising career of Lena Lotzen derailed by 3-4 consecutive serious injuries. Then a lesser known striker but could of had a huge impact, Kaja Malinowski. She was the leading scorer of the 2010 WC. Here's stats from one of those games where she outscored some of her more heralded team mates
    https://us.women.soccerway.com/matc...ermany-under-17/south-africa-under-17/961197/
    but serious injuries after that caused her to retire. Today she's only 25 years

and then another fwd caught my eye(though it might of been her model type looks). Shelley Thompson, English sounding name but scored 4 goals for Germany vs England in one youth friendly late last decade. I believe she quit soccer to come to the states and go into medical school. She's probably over 30 by now though. But still, 3 potential world class strikers that the senior NT missed out on

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Schüller out due to a flu and Maro won't play any of the games lol... o_O

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why does Wolfsburg do anything they do in the recruitment of new players..?

They went an obtained the best domestic players from the two best teams in the league a long time ago, but since then I haven't understood anything Wolfsburg's done in the recruitment of it's 1st team talent lol.
    If it's obvious, and involves a domestic international, don't be so sure Wolfsburg will able to get them...:cautious:

I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Elsig's two main options being to stay with Potsdam, or become another domestic international under the umbrella of Bayern next season.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 I understand your points, but your forgetting how this current German side still has access to the all time leading scorer at a U-20 WC (Popp), and one of the most emphatic player of the tournament winners within any age group too (Marozsan).

Meaning these are two of Germany's most special players in recent memory, who'd easily be more than enough for a competent wnt program to create a successful senior team attack around.

I mean Lotzen had a lot of potential, but was nowhere near as good as Bremer (a young player who's likely to return to the senior team at some point). Malinowski was impressive at U-17 level too, but I could argue Martinez an equal or more impressive U-17 prospect right now.

Plus are we really talking about Shelley Thompson, when she was playing during an era of Germany having names like Prinz, Grings, Mittag, Pohlers, Müller..? Nobody was talking about Thompson during that time frame for very obvious reasons lol.

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If she went to Bayern; would she be able to outcompete Demann or Wenninger then? I'm not so sure about that.. :thumbsdown:

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So all the newbies are in