Starting 11 for upcoming season

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by tomas_brolin, Jul 5, 2005.

1. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
  2. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
  3. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Athletico would be my odds on favourite to sign him as they have that ex Boca coach there. Who should know a load about Saviola from his River days

4. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    I didn't get one right. I mean, I figured Atletico because it will be a good fit for him, and as OSpur stated, Bianchi is there. I figured Villareal because almost everyone that plays on that team is from Argentina. The manager there, Manuel Pellegrini, used to coach River Plate. But to not get one right? Damn. I'm sad now.

5. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Villareal makes alot of sense. Either way by all reports he has no interest in the Prem or bundesliga. I heard all the usual crap about how he 'admired' Tottenham. Shame, he's an excellent player and probably IMO would see the end of Keane.

6. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Atletico were apparantly interested in Saviola, they were waiting for news about whether he would be available but they went for Kezman, they could still go for him though.

7. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    It's official!! Orpheas FC Nicosia will not be entering the race for Saviola.

Our boss Stavros Tzekezos categorically confirmed it today in a press conference staged in front of 7 players and a ball boy.

On a proper note...would Saviola be savi in the Premiership? I don't think so. It might take him a bit of time before he got used to it.

Why don't Barca want him?

8. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Barca can't have anymore non EU players, they have Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Marquez & Edmilson. In Spain you can't have no more than 4 non EU players in the squad, thats why Riquelme went out on loan and has been since sold, the same is happening with Saviola.

9. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think Saviola would be best suited to the Premiership. If he is to stand a chance, then he'd need to be somewhere where he could play every game straightaway, so he can adapt, and also be alongside a target player to take the physical pressure of holding the ball up. I don't think we would want or need him while Defoe is here.

10. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

....Spurs fans wouldn't let the little guy settle. They would get on his back. But saying that, if we got him for free, we could sell him on for a profit if things never worked out.

11. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Let's just keep on dreaming shall we?
    Anyone who suggests that Saviola, Guti, Figo wouldn't make it in the premiership needs a reality check. They are top quality and, while the premiership's got quite a lot of quality, there's also a ton of rubbish out there too. The problem is they're hardly lining up to sign on the dotted line, not that they ain't gonna make it in the prem.

12. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

.....You can't say that. Some world class players are only world class in their environment, which wouldn't make them wc, but that's what people call them.

Rebrov was an amazing striker in the CL. He scored a lot of goals, but he signed for us, couldn't settle, never got used to the pace and failed miserably. It can happen to any player.

13. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm sorry posh, but class is permanent (until their legs give way at least)

With regards to Rebrov, i'm not sure playing well in the ukrainian league and having a good season or two alongside Shevchenko actually made him world class. He came to england to demonstrate that he was worthy of the title but failed due to management failures as much as anything else.

But quality flair players that have shown their worth in the top 3 leagues and in Europe over a number of seasons should have no trouble in setting the premiership alight. These guys add something different and can do things other players can't. And, although the situation across the board is improving, defenders in england can be a bit on the clumsy side. These guys make them look like amateurs

14. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    You are right actually. I've played against wingers that have made me look very stupid. I kept thinking to myself.."How did he do that?"

And now that I think about it, I play in a semi-pro league. Imagine wc players.

I take back what I said.

15. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Your very humble posh, would you like my sister?

16. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

...ok, i'll give her a go. What's her number?

17. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    you dont need date her! its just a romp in the sack! well i mean if you want a relationship with her thats fine by me..

18. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    You know her as well?

19. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    no cant say i have...

20. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    i make all my friends through my sister

21. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

....I'm not a good friend to have.

22. LuisFabiano

LuisFabiano New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Can you please explain more about this. anyway going back to the topic

-----------------------Robby
    ---Pamarot/kelly--------King-------------Dawson-------Edman

---Routledge------Mendes-------------Carrick -----Reid/Zeigler

---------------Defoe-------------Kanoute

23. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

What do you want explained Frank?

24. T.Reis

T.Reis New Member

May 23, 2005
    Oakville, Canada
    It's upsetting seeing how many people don't even have Pedro Mendes on their bench let-alone actually starting.

Has he got that bad that fast?

25. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    I really like Pedro. I'm sure he'll be a valuable part of the squad and team next season. We're Spurs, so we're bound to be down to playing the tea lady in defence by Christmas due to injuries. Tainio might be a little bit of a sicknote.

Mendes has had a decent preseason so far IMO out in Korea.