Staff leaving Sky Blue

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by Dandal, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    The last days two members of the Sky Blue staff have found new employers. Former WUSA star Sissi, who has been tied to the New Jersey side as a talent scout since June, has joined the yet to be named Bay Area club as assistant coach. Denise Reddy, who coached Sky Blue's W-league team this summer and has been named as Ian Sawyer's assistant for the WPS team, has left for the Chicago Red Stars to work as assistant coach under Emma Hayes.

Are these moves in any way significant? And if so, significant of what?

2. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good question. I wondered the same thing.

3. Bad Soccer

Bad Soccer New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Don't forget that Charlie Naimo left Sky Blue last year and then won the W-League title with Pali Blues and now is working with the LA WPS team.

4. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky Blue has a certain way that they run things... I volunteered for one game the first season, but did not enjoy it and did not go back even to see a game. They tended to be all about the show and not all about the fans. at least that is the way they came across to me.

Hopefully the Owners will leave the Running of the team to the GM and not meddle in the team too much.

5. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well with regard to Sissi remember she's got a history with the Bay Area top level women's squad, plus we've got the 2 Brazilians coming up if they sign so she may have felt she'd be most useful in the Bay Area. Plus she is getting a promo in the process.

6. Copenhagen78

Copenhagen78 Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Danville, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She has also been coaching and living the area for the last number of years. It not an indictment in any way to SBFC but rather a chance for her to return to her (American) roots more then anything imo.

7. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. She seems genuinely excited to be working with Montoya again.

8. casocrfan

casocrfan Member

Nov 25, 2004
    San Francisco
    Ian Sawyers wasn't well liked during his time as coach of the CyberRays. In fact, most of the staff couldn't stand him. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

9. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jacqui Little said after she left the CyberRays that she didn't like him very much.

10. sushibait

sushibait New Member

Dec 7, 2000
    Is he still married to Foudy? I never could figure that out since he wasn't very well liked and seemed to treat her bad publicly.

11. BraviaCouch

BraviaCouch New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Where did you hear that from? Any personal stories? just wondering, i had heard only good reviews from my kids who had attended that leadership academy.