Stadium Wide Chant

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Zak, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    yep, we'll go for the same plan.

2. Warzycha

Warzycha Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I like what is happening here, we need to improve the learning curve of what to say so we don't get punked in our own house by the Fire fans. With this being Ohio State country, how about a C-R-E-W cheer like they do with O-H-I-O in the Shoe (North-West-South-East)? Just a thought. I also think the next time the national team is in town, If 25,000 people were to sing America The Beautiful at once, at the top of their lungs, not only would the players on the field get pumped, but the Mexiacns would never come out of the locker room to take the field!

3. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    especially if we did it on recorders and figured out what the brown note is... then the Mexicans would be too busy crapping their pants to be able to play... we'd win by default!

4. Warzycha

Warzycha Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Oh Beautiful...For Spacious Skys..for amber waves of grain...for purple mountains majesties...above a fruited plain...America...America...God shed his grace on thee...and crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea! (x25,000)

5. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    A chant for the home finale....

...altered from a current popular selection.

...We All Hate Chicago
    ...We Hate Naperville, too
    ...Everyone Hates The Fire
    ...But Columbus We Love You....

:D

6. TheFallen29

TheFallen29 New Member

Nov 25, 2001
    New York City
    In all seriousness, good luck with this thing. We could NEVER get a stadium-wide chant going...we have way way WAY too many soccer moms and other assorted yuppies only there because their kids dragged them.

That, and we play in a giant cavernous bowl that sounds like a tomb. You can't hear people at the other end...which is a bit unfortunate, because I'm curious to see what witty and clever (</sarcasm>) chants the Scum supports had in line for us.

Why yes, I AM jealous of your soccer (and lacrosse final)-only stadium.

7. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    That's nice to know. :)

8. Warzycha

Warzycha Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Guys, I sit in section 125 and I can never hear you. It's just not loud enough. We used to kind of be able to hear the guy with the megaphone who would say, "here we go, here we go, here we go now, awwwww, let's get busy!" Which by the way is the dumbest thing I've heard. It won't work until it's louder!

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Didn't we used to do a "lets"...other side: "Go"...back to: "Crew"?

137 should get four big letters to hold up....LETS....response comes, then you do "crew". Pretty easy. how'd it go last night?

And it could get creative once people get the hang of it..."fear" "Jeff" "Cunningham". Whoops...everyone is mad at him right now. Maybe it'd help him focus on frame that isn't 6'7":)

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, V Army have no bullhorn. :D

11. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    are bullhorns allowed? I have one...never used it. came with the house.

also, megaphones do work if they are big enough. if someone wants the horn....let me know.

12. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Elizabeth, please bring it to Naperville.

I promise not to cause a huge ruckus.

13. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    I can't make the game, but can I leave it with the Thistle place or something convenient for you? I've never been there, but head up 315 every day.

14. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Can someone snag it from her for me? And bring it to Naperville? I just signed up 10 of my fraternity brothers to come with me to the game, so this should be interesting...

15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    your boys better be cheering for the crew and not the local side.

16. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'd like to see those unwashed Polish try to take down the group of guys I'm bringing.

Sorry man, like 3 have a small interest in the F*re, but only because they're from here. None are hardcore. One's Polish, so he'll be my translator if we get in a scrap again.