Stadium Share

Discussion in 'Everton' started by kerpow, Sep 23, 2003.

1. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
  2. JJ Mindset

JJ Mindset Member

Dec 7, 2000
  3. Sean_Kelly123

Sean_Kelly123 New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Liverpool
    I'd of liked that, but it didn't work because we didn't have a sponser :s

4. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd rather stay at Goodison than share with Liverpool somehow it just lessens the rivalry between us like the Home and Away thing and just wouldn't be the same, i say we just wait until we have got the wonga to make our own stadium.

It does seem that Goodison is bad for us though somehow but that's probably me just being superstitious..

5. its called football

its called football New Member

May 18, 2004
    LA, for now
    Recently, yes, but I think that our record over the past century would be a little worse if Goodison were unlucky for us. Don't make the mistake those who don't know their History do, we are a big and succesful club, with a proud histiry. We may have lost our way recently, but that does not diniminish what we have done in the past!

6. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Goodison is crippling us, we must move. Do you know how many corporate boxes we have? 13. The average for the premiership is over 40. Man City has 52 in their new stadium. Look at it, its beautiful.

[​IMG]

If an average corporate box costs 3000 a game they work out 4 million pounds a season better off than us.

7. its called football

its called football New Member

May 18, 2004
    LA, for now
    I wasn't saying we don't need a new stadium (we clearly do). I was just reacting to the suggestion that Goodison is unlucky.

8. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    man city also got extremely lucky with their new stadium - only got it cos manchester was hosting the commonwealth games and so had to build a posh new stadium for the athletics....a few back-handers later and bob's your uncle.

btw, for anyone under any illusion...man city are in deeper financial sh!t that us...

9. JJ Mindset

JJ Mindset Member

Dec 7, 2000
    Shame what has happened to this once-solid club. Before LFC it was Everton that represented Merseyside. Now it is a sad-looking club that's on the brink of doing a Leeds, with mounting debts and pressure to sell their star player, Wayne Rooney.

It seems that the club directors have brought it upon themselves with questionable business decisions but also because there were too many fights at the top. Club directors resigning. Club presidents being forced off. What has to be pissing off the Blue fans the most, though, is the image of one of the club directors going hat-in-hand to the directors of LFC and asking to groundshare the new Anfield. Such embarrassment at a large scale.

Meanwhile, things on the pitch aren't that better. Aside from the Rooney situation, the talent level is very thin. Basically, their manager has little to work with. They may have enough to pluck some decent talent from the lower divsions but that's it. This is shaping up to be a sad season, with relegation a real possibility.

Can Everton survive after the upcoming season? Will the Blue side of 'Pool become nothing but a memory in a short time? If they do go out of business, would their fans start a new Everton Football Club, like the old Wimbledon fans, and start all over again? What happens to Goodison Park in that case? I would think that if they have to start all over again that Goodison would become too big for a club in the Ryman division. :rolleyes:

Basically, unless things turn around soon, not only would Rooney have to be sold but their ground as well(I think Leeds already have done selling Elland Road but I'm not sure). The ground isn't in good shape, so I've read. The constant changes made to it have left it in an odd shape. Some places still have wooden seats and the support pillars block the view for some. A while back there was a debate over whether they should Rebuild The Ground or go for a new stadium. It was decided that a new stadium was to be persued. For a while, it seemed that they would have it, but financing problems forced them to abandon that plan.

If they could somehow stabilize their finances, something would have to be done with Goodison since there are no funds for a new stadium. Maybe doing it by sections can still be possible. But with the new Anfield about to become reality, it may be all moot in the end. I doubt the neighborhood could tolerate two stadia for much longer, since the new Anfield would transform the general area. How would a Goodison expansion be received?