Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Marko83

Marko83 Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Stockton on Tees, Inghilterra
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Can they not turn Trigoria into a stadium and put a training ground in Fiumicino?

Indian_Gladiator repped this.
  2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At this point , in 2020 ...after many years of them taking over...They came as much close as Rosella Sensi to building a new stadium. All talk, nothing to show.

Andreas and Shen-O repped this.
  3. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Rosella had any intention to actually build a stadium. That was a total facade to drive up the club's price.

But ultimately, you're right. Neither even broke ground.

That's why I can't get excited about this Friedkin takeover, should that happen. It'll just be another group that thinks they can build the stadium and rake in money. Years later, they've sunk millions into bribing the leaches of the city only to have made no actual progress.

wm72, Oban14 and shiboboo repped this.
  4. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  5. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm dying to hear the date they're gonna announce for the next meeting where nothing happens.

chrayatl, wm72 and Andreas repped this.
  6. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't understand why it takes so much time in between meetings.

The only reason I have a glimmer of hope is because elections are coming up.

7. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    'Hope' you say? What's that? These days I just cope...

8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  9. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    When's jimmy leaving? That's the only good news that will take us forward.

10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jimmy needs to sell no doubt but don't kid yourself. Roma have been a mid-tier club for 93 years, 3 scudetti, 0 European trophies and 9 meaningless CI trophies.

Unless the bureaucracy of Italy and Rome changes drastically there will never be a stadium. Without a stadium it will still be an never ending cycle of selling our best players.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm not kidding myself. I know what Roma is. The management appears to have too many voices adding to the confusion in decision making. A good clear out is needed.

wm72 and shiboboo repped this.
  12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of fans don't really realize it. I was talking to my cousin in Rome a few weeks ago and he was asking if I had heard of Friedkin and if he had a lot of money. He just doesn't realize there is almost no billionaire that is going to buy the club and dump 100s of millions per year into the club (ffp or no ffp). You may find somebody that will do it for a year or 2 but without a stadium and additional revenue that will not change anything long term for the club.

13. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The only people to dump such money into clubs were always people like Abramovic( cold political climate towards him at home and needing to move some money abroad), Berlusconi( using his club as political booster) and the Arab sheiks( moving petrol money into other industries and basically buying connections at the foreign local economies).

No one throws away money for fame and glory ever, without expecting some return on them outside of the football field or club if not directly from their club.

Pallotta is a great example - he didn't buy Roma for Roma, but to use the club as a lever to help him dump 1 billion dollars into a stadium and office spaces and make mad profits from them. Sadly for him and us, Italian politicians are smart enough to want some pie too.

Still... having a business owner who's more risk-friendly might make a difference between pushing for a Scudetto and apointing Monchi to get you out of top 4 in a crucial moment. It's very unlikely with the bargain hunting owners that bown or enquire about our club though.

Wolfbeatseagle, ErPupone and Shen-O repped this.
  14. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stadium would have been a win-win-win. Win for Pallotta, a win for the club and a win for the city and the Italian bureaucracy and ego's killed it.

16. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's ironic that the Eternal City doesn't embrace the values of the empire it glorifies.

Sorry guys, we can't build the aqueducts. We found a pottery shard that could be pretty old.

Java65 repped this.
  17. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Probably Etruscan.

Wolfbeatseagle and Java65 repped this.
  18. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  19. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    At this point Stadio Della Roma is just another clickbait phrase that journos toss around for extra views.

Andreas, Midfield General and Java65 repped this.
  20. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure officials would welcome being wined, dined, and bribed all over again for a stadium that won't get built.

Shen-O repped this.
  21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO, the best chance to build this is Fiumicino. At least in a smaller town there are less people to buy off.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In a screwed up global economy building a stadium might be even harder to do now.

Andreas repped this.
  23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The interesting thing about this will be if Friedkin is going to be willing to fund 100% of the stadium. That's very unusual that an ownership funds the entire thing.

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes they did as seen now lol

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    American owners with all the Guaranteed money in American sports don’t fund their own stadium projects... if they do I’ll be in complete disbelief.