Stack overflow at line: 1

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by DCU9ted, Nov 13, 2003.

1. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    What does this mean? In the past week this message has been popping up constantly on the boards. Anyone know how I can fix it?

2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... mod's note ...

This belongs in the customer service area, not the DC United board. Moved with redirect.

3. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Member

Mar 3, 1999
    Hmm. I've never seen anything like that. Can you describe where you get it and where you see it? Is it a popup? Is it a vBulletin error? Where does it appear on the page?
    Thanks.

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I get this every time I access a new page. It's a little box that says Microsoft Internet Explorer at the top, with an exclamation point in a yellow triangle. The text, as DCU9ted mentioned is Stack overflow at line: 1.

5. LowEnd

LowEnd New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Stack Overflow

Same here...if this is a common problem will someone post the remedy, or do we need to contact administrators for help?

6. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    The only time I do not receive this message is when I post.

7. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    see below

8. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    It was happening to me too but I fixed it by going to Tools, Internet Options, General, then deleting cookies (which also removes the DC United border) as well as reducing the number of days that history is remembered from 20 to 10. Not sure what did the fix but I no longer get the error.

9. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    are you all in the DC skin?