St. Louis Steamers

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by bigdush, Oct 1, 2003.

1. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Are the Steamers still playing in any league? If so:
    What league?
    Are they going to be good?
    When does the season start and how long does it last?

2. chorusofone

chorusofone New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Columbus
  3. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Thanks for picking the slack up for my lazy tail.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. sakana

sakana BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The home opener was last night. It was tons of fun, I hadn't been to an indoor game since the old Storm. It was high scoring (Steamers won 12-6), so the zillions of kids in the stands had a great time, especially with old man Doran scoring twice and assisting on a bunch of others. The paper said there were about 5000 people there-- in a place that holds 10,000 or so, I'm not sure that's a good sign...

Interesting to look at the teams-- the Steamers are 80% from St Louis with only 2 foreign players, while KC was 75% from eastern Europe. KC's backup keeper Josh Shreck (sp?) played for the St Louis Strikers over the summer, as did a handful of the Steamers.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i can't believe doran is still playing! i remember when the old steamers used to get 17,000 at the arena, man those games were fun

as for 5,000, is that a good attendance figure for MISL these days?

7. sakana

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Daryl's player/coach of the new Steamers, and I think he's financially behind them, too, at least to a degree. He's 1000 years old, but the thing is that he can still play. Crazy.

There was a "Steamers Legends" game (including, of course, Slobo) at the half-- I bet a couple of those guys were younger than Daryl.

8. sakana

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And, just to add to the insanity of the whole Old Man Doran situation, he was named MISL offensive player of the week. Those kids must be peeved.