St Louis Branding (3.0)

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by Z010 Union, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All around? Except for the whole playing baseball part, right?

2. Emile

Emile Member

Oct 24, 2001
    dead in a ditch
    Yeah, obviously.

3. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well since your name is Simon, you must know what you're talking about when it comes to association football and you also probably like to do drawerings.

[youtube]gvVhLHPTUpY[/youtube]

4. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I hate Celtic (like any good 'Gers fan) and will adamantly oppose any green and white hoops in the StL, but this is a very nice kit that I could definitely get behind.

5. Angus Podgorney

Feb 25, 2006
    St. Louis
    LOL! Thanks for that, Bryan. I had only seen the Mike Myers parody of this bit on SNL before (Cheeky monkey). It figures that there was a real show.

We seem to get a steady stream of people from other cities telling us what not to name our potential new team. (FC, United, Olympique, etc.) Jeff Cooper came up with the best crest in the league; I trust he'll pick a proper name to go with it.

Cheers,

Angus

6. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    i love adidas...been getting the shoes and shorts since i can remember (im only 19), but there jerseys are quite poor to put it nicely..... the nike jersey is very crisp the stripes along the whole jersey is so much better than the FCD type! puma also makes some good jerseys.......its a shame but i guess they took a safe option since it was there

7. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, the choice was quite simple. Adidas offered MLS big coin to be the official uniform supplier. Hopefully their recent Newcastle and AC Milan kits represent the quality we can expect as new uniforms for the 08 and 09 seasons are rolled out.

I have also disliked their interpretation of modernized stripes and hope they depart from that in the upcoming cycle.

8. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
  9. Nerazzuri

Nerazzuri New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    St Louis
    i dig that one alot.

10. Tkebh979

Tkebh979 New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Houston-ish
    As do I... what are the chances that this gets additional attention due to its marginal similarity to the USMNT kits?

Then what happens when the MNT changes their kit prior to the next WC? Think the "outsider" might consider the kit design to be old news?

Regardless of the above, I dig the design/color scheme. I'd say it's a close 2nd to the design with the cross intersecting behind the crest. I'd invest my money in either kit.

Speaking of kit - would you run the stripe all the way to the sock?

11. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    much agreed i like this kit......does cooper see these? b/c i think this is one of the best ive seen!

12. jfranz

jfranz New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Portland, OR
  13. sillinois

sillinois New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Could you not incorporate KD's cross design and the Berlin design, with the vertical part of the cross being wider than the horizontal part? At least then we would be unique.

I didn't really realize how well Wachovia's color scheme fits with ours, but it really does. Since they are using the same colors anyway basically, you could incorporate Wachovia's logo to a much greater extent than some other brands.

14. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Done, Sport Billy.

Here is the answer to sillinois' request. I had this one done before SB's post, so the lines are thinner, but I can always change that if requested.

[​IMG]

And a rebranded version of my cross jersey that several people have said is a favorite.

[​IMG]

15. Sharkrunner

Sharkrunner New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    This one I like the most. The cross is a nice touch and the colors are unique. I think the league has to much red jerseys and teams with blue and white jerseys.

16. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the ones with a full cross. I'm afraid the incomplete one looks like it conveys Christianity. The St. Louis Crusaders! :p

17. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The St. Louis Archers would be awesome, complete with great concepts for logo treatment and mascots.

18. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I really hope they don't go with that.

19. Sharkrunner

Sharkrunner New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Is there a way someone could do a poll so we could see what the most favorite name is?

20. sirfallsalot_2000

Apr 18, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    We could, and I could give you a prediction on what would win.........:rolleyes:

Sorry, the sarcasm caught hold. We did one earlier this year. Knights and FC/AC were leading. I bet you could still vote......

21. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490300

22. Basque21

Basque21 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Club:
    CA Osasuna
  23. Sharkrunner

Sharkrunner New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Thanks. I think it would be good if someone put this on the top of the forum. Thanks

24. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why doesn't someone make a new poll and I'll stick it to the top of the forum.

25. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If Checketts hadn't name his team Real, STL would be the IDEAL city to have a team named Royals FC or SL Royal (some variation).