St Louis Branding (3.0)

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by Z010 Union, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Emile

Emile Member

Oct 24, 2001
    dead in a ditch
    A-B distributes a lot of European beers in the US, so perhaps the Europhiles can sleep dreaming of a kit with a Stella Artois, Grolsch, Beck's, or Bass logo.

Did anyone make a mock jersey using the city flag components yet? The design seems well suited for making a very unique jersey with the joining rivers across the chest. Maybe a third jersey akin to the Fire's city flag jersey.

As for a regular uniform, has anyone suggested a base white jersey with red and blue piping, and some gold element? Maybe something similar to France's white jersey? It would be unique in MLS.

2. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out the first Name/Jersey thread [thread=387936]here[/thread].

3. santeroatomico

santeroatomico New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    East End Houston
    In MLS Replicas do not include sponsors. Only Authentic Jersey include Sponsors.

4. Emile

Emile Member

Oct 24, 2001
    dead in a ditch
    Thanks!

For making me work through 23 pages. :D

5. Vidus

Vidus New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Fayetteville, AR
    Wanderers does have a nice ring to it.

6. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    Are we certain that the team colors will be blue and green just because of the website that exists right now??

As for the name, I like KNIGHTS.

7. TetsuoShima

TetsuoShima New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    St. louis Metro East
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well i'm too lazy to go through all the previous threads on this topic. So not sure if this company has been said as a possible kit sponsor or stadium sponsor.. But what about Emerson Electric? They have their world hq in St. Louis also and are a pretty big company world wide. Lots of brands, but not sure if they would need, be looking into it, or have the brands for it.

[​IMG]

8. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    No way could we be the Knights and be sponsored by Emerson - Mr. Knight is an ass.

9. Xing

Xing New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Monsanto?

10. Basque21

Basque21 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Club:
    CA Osasuna
    Charter Communications

11. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not charter, the price will go up every couple of months, the customer service will be non-existant, the quality will decline continually, and for the most important game of the year the team won't show up. Wait, that' just thier cable service. :D

12. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

You forgot to add that all of our players will be foreign speaking yet identify them selves as "Dis is Alex, how might I be helping you" ;)

13. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Re: OFFICIAL :: Jersey Suggestions

Celtic would obviously not have a say as there are many other "hooped" teams in the world.

Also, I don't know how much Dallas would have a say. Even so, with expansion you eventually will have some crossover. Additionally, I know Dallas call themselves hoops, but they are more like bars on their actual jersey.

14. Basque21

Basque21 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Club:
    CA Osasuna

so true and so sad, but they still have the money

15. SoccerYoda

SoccerYoda New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    O'Fallon, MO USA
    They used to get MY money... not any more I'm proud to say. :cool:

16. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't you think its a bit presumptous to tell the guy who just paid $30 million what his team should wear? Besides they've got an entire marketing department with lots of focus group studies that are gonna tell them exactly what the jersies are going to look like- including colors, crest, and the team name.

I get that we're all excited and its fun to talk about, but seriously, let's ease up on the demands we place on Mr. Cooper. Everything will be just fine.

17. SoccerYoda

SoccerYoda New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    O'Fallon, MO USA

Well said. Why don't you guys turn all this effort in to designing a 'Supporters' Group' jersey like the Barra Brava all seem to wear?

Oh wait, we don't know what the team colors are yet.

:rolleyes:

18. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

That's why their called suggestions - I've spoken with Cooper and he wants to be responsive to the fans - the crest itself shows that he is responsive to the fans suggestions. Obviously we are not demanding anything of him.

19. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

MOD NOTE - It's an official thread asking for suggestions, not your blood type or your social security number. If you don't like the premise, abstain.

20. SoccerYoda

SoccerYoda New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    O'Fallon, MO USA

Which came first? The Supporters' Group color scheme or Cooper's SLSU website color scheme?

21. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

supporters colors - based on wachovia

22. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

Supporters group - we then changed the shade of our group to match theirs

23. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
  25. moonraker

moonraker New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

hey, saw your thread over on fcd forums about st. louis kit ideas and decided to pop by over here and just wanted to make a comment. I've seen the leaked pictures of next year's kits/jerseys and the home is red and white hoops (actual hoops finally, not bars) and the away is white and blue hoops. here are the pics. https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592229&highlight=dallas+jerseys

and honestly i *don't* think dallas would have a say if you were to use hoops or not haha. i'm sure the final design would be submitted to the mls and they would have to approve it, but that's about it.

but for what its worth i think expanding the league into st louis is a great idea as i played soccer tourneys up there way back when and great soccer city. even though i'm not in your city the idea of incorporating the sword into the kits could be unique. and then the other thing i suggested in the fcd thread was that you guys should possibly consider a barca style (this year's style vertical stripes with a more predominant stripe in the center) with the alternating shades of green found in the background of your crest. hopefully someone sees what i mean? because the shades of green alternate and it reminded me of the very center of the barca jersey this year... i think that would be a cool look. basically barca's away but less "loud" colors ie: replace the aqua and teal with the colors found on your crest. only issue is that its a nike template not an adidas one haha