SS Lazio 1900: 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by squadra_azzurri, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    What a crap article, absolutely zero depth. No mention of Biglia arguably our best player and Mauri who has had several inspirational performances. Candreva's best season? If you look at the stats maybe but watching the games he has been more wasteful than in the past. Djordevic has been ok but he's also missed half the season and take away his 3 goal performance at Palermo his 7 goal tally is less than impressive. De Vrij's partnership with Cana in central defense, no mention of Mauricio?

I can write an article like this about Arsenal, a team I like a little bit but don't really follow much. It would take about 30 mins of research to pull that off.

2. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Scandalous referee!

The second was warranted but the first rc was harsh. Too bad we would have dusted away inter without the first red.

3. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This ref handed inter all 3 points. They never had a real chance of getting a point until ref gave them a hand.

4. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Terrible refereeing to be honest. Up until that Mauricio red card we were by far the better team. Eleven against eleven we would have won. We were still creating chances with nine men. We should have won this easily.

5. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Two dives and an incompetent referee cost you guys points. What a shame, especially in front of such a massive crowd.

6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You can say that again brother.

why the F*** would they have an inexperienced referee officiate a game that has tens of millions of euro's at stake.

Does nothing sound wrong about that? That decision by the referee associate was poorly organized, or masterfully put together for a secret scandalous activities.

7. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would not say the referee is incompetent. That would mean he is not good enough to do his job. I do however think that Massa had a extremely poor performance. I can not believe we lost to such a poor team like Internazionale. Pioli should be raging otherwise we will continue to get these poor referees who always whistle against us. Novaretti got sent off against Empoli harshly as well. Luckily we were winning 4-0 at the time but this is is is getting pretty annoying.

8. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    It was a very unfortunate match, but I will say despite the result the players battled to the end. We almost got a point with 9 men, not to mention we had a great opportunity but Candreva was adjudged to be offside another mistake from the linesman. The way Biglia and Parolo battled and still attempted to create going forward was amazing. Klose still had a great chance right before the second red card, as did Parolo before the first red card.

Put this match behind us, difficult for sure, I can't remember a match infuriating me like this one, but we must. Samp is next they've been playing well but we also dismantled them 3-0 a few months back. Hopefully De Vrij returns Samp do have some solid attackers with Soriano, Eto'o (tohugh he's half the player he used to be), Niang and Eder. We're good for a draw at least hopefully we get that bit of magic and win at the Ferraris.

9. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Ideally we win at Samp and the derby. The win in the Coppa semis at the San Paolo should give the players confidence knowing they can win there too. We need to achieve at least 7 points in these last 3 matches to guarantee a CL spot.

10. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I was happy for Juve carrying the torch for Serie A in the CL. Unfortunately we now have to play the Coppa Italia final on May 20 right before the derby. Good thing is it's at home and if we can win we'll have the plenty of confidence going into the derby.

11. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is getting real real tough. Like Pioli said Lazio are getting punished for performing an outstanding season. It feels like all forces are against us to win 2nd 3rd spot.

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    to be honest if anyone deserves 2nd place its you guys. Roma has done nothing to warrant a 2nd place finish other than the teams below them constantly screwing up...

Sal repped this.
  13. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Feels like Roma haven't put in a good performance since losing to Juve 3-2 early in the season, how they collected so many points is beyond me.

14. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Things aren't getting any easier, Biglia has been ruled out for at least 7 days and possibly the derby as well. De Vrij should be back which will be a major boost. We need FA and Candreva to make something happen, they've been hit or miss lately. I trust Cataldi to be fine in the Biglia role, not the same level but satisfactory.

15. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thats big of you to say that. I also share your thought but the thing is we've been screwed a few key points lately, refs are not and have never done us any favors, big injuries at the wrong time, a very tough and exhausting schedule coming up, a very crammed schedule coming up.

Like I had said before, I would sign for third place right now. How Udinese beat us to the punch twice when Reja was in charge by a hair really hurt and this season has the recipe to repeat that emotion.

16. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Massive 3 Pts!

Very professional display, thought we looked like Juve on the road in a difficult place to win. Grande Gentiletti off a great delivery from a Ledesma. Candreva and FA were great and really did excellent work advancing the ball as well as pressing the Samp defenders. We really deserved a second, Djordevic's attempt may have struck the arm of Samp defender but it was close. I hope Candreva isn't seriously hurt, FA may have pulled up as well late.

Hopefully Udinese do us a favor, they can certainly defend deep and have enough quality to hit Roma on the counter.

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now we get to sit back and watch . Thank God Gentiletti was able to come back and lead the D. I trembled all 90+ minutes. I want to make Champions so bad. We are 1 league win away.

18. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We controlled the match which is not easy against Sampdoria away. They still had opportunities but so did we. Good to see De Vrij making his comeback. A clean sheet and three points. Not much more you can ask for. Horrible end to the season as we got to play Juventus Roma and Napoli in that order but we can do it. Just got to keep going.

19. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    I just read that Di Natale might not play tomorrow.

20. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Yea . What a shame.

They have di natale out and likely Dybala out for their last game and have all 3 of their games at the olimpico. They have just been lucky all season.

Lazio must win rioma. It's in our own hands now.

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Di Natale folds under pressure this might be a good thing for them.

22. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What pressure is there? Udinese have nothing to play for lol... And he's been ********ing us over for years:ROFLMAO:. All they have is Thereau, Geijo and Aguirre as strikers.

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    More than enough.

24. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We lost the Coppa Italia Final but I am still pleased with the performance. Not much more I could ask of the players. We matched Juventus all game. If that Djordevic shot went in then we would have great opportunity to win the game. Good to see that even this late into the season that energy levels of the team still looked good and even better we played well even without Biglia. We got to forget this match and concnetrate on the Roma match coming up. Playing like we did in the Final and I think we would beat them and Napoli.

25. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Agreed a great effort, we were right there for 120 mins. Perhaps Juve weren't at their best going forward but our energy and pressing had a lot to do with that. Cataldi did fine in the Biglia role, having Parolo next to him and De Vrij behind gave him confidence, though he could have easily been sent off as well. Basta deserves mention as well, he's been one of our most consistent players and he brings plenty of energy to the side, always back defending and always giving an outlet going forward. Best RB in Serie A this season? No one I would take over him for this season.

Felipe and Candreva didn't have their best matches but it was always going to be difficult with Juve keying on them same with Klose. Still FA had some of his usual moments of brilliance. Djordevic was so unlucky what a strike that was. Berisha could have done better on Matri's goal but it wasn't a howler by any means.

We hung in there with Juve, and they're defense was in top form as were both Pirlo and Vidal.