Squad for Andorra and Macedonia

Discussion in 'England' started by Placid Casual, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    He he.

Thought it was a good un myself...:)

2. Woodworm

Woodworm Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think that Bent should get a proper crack at international football not a 1 off apperiance for Sven. he was the highest scoring ENGLISH striker last season he has scored 3 this term already. he must surly be a better bet than defoe. and the big midfield issue i think mclearn should drop Lampard and play gerrard in the middle with lennon on the right. lampard has been very poor for england for a while now. well thats what i think anyway. i feel hargeaves has earnt the his place in the starting line up now.so that frees gerrard to do what he does best and push on and get into the oppositions box and get the goals that lampard is failing to score. and if anyone points out he scored against greece is scratching the ground for excuses as it was a shit goal from a deflection. and doesnt deserve to be credited to him.

3. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004
    I think Luke Young has been awful so far this year and comparitively Neville has performed admirably captaining Everton to a 7 out of 9 start to the season highlighted by a 10 man performance against Tottenham. He's gotten up the flanks and delivered some useful crosses while really holding down his side of defense admirably.

Personally I think that at this point the second best English RB is Gary's brother.

4. fbinjamil

fbinjamil New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Amman, Jordan

Hey as long as the guy can put the ball in the back of the net, I don't really care how he does it...

5. fbinjamil

fbinjamil New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Amman, Jordan
    i think Wes Brown should get a crack at RB for England. He does it well at ManU and could add pace to the defence. I agree with you that Luke Young hasn't earned a start but giving the position to Neville is just a bad idea.

6. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Mong P is not playing right back, he's playing in midfield..........

But I have to admit he is getting good reviews.........:(