Squad Barometer - Forwards Select 2

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by BorisG, Jul 5, 2017.

?

Forwards - Select 2

Poll closed Jul 5, 2018.
  1. Werner

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. Stindl

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. Gomez

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  4. Wagner

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Kruse

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Volland

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Selke

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. Platte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    929350293351030784 is not a valid tweet id

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Werner, Volland, Uth, Stindl (and Philipp) all score on match day 12 in the Bundesliga.

Werner and Volland are now up to 7 league goals in the season to lead all German forwards.

Uth (and Philipp) behind them with 6.

Stindl now at 4 to be leveled with Wagner.

Selke made his first league start and played the entire 90 mins for Hertha vs Gladbach but did not score.

Ginczek was injured in Stuttgart vs Dortmund with adductor problems, and could be out for a few weeks.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    932198264933363713 is not a valid tweet id

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Where do you guys want to see Marvin Ducksch go next season?

Holstein Kiel continue to look strong so far, and are currently sitting in first place after 14 match days. They have a legit chance, and Ducksch staying with them could be a reasonable option if they achieve promotion and sign him permanently.

Otherwise I think other clubs like Werder, Gladbach, and Mainz could use an additional striker like him. Maybe Hoffenheim as well if they end up losing both Wagner and Uth.

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I will keep updating the German strikers in Europe list after EL games are done. But currently there are only 2 that have really produced in Europe. Werner in the CL and Selke in EL.

The rest not as much, in terms of EL GS, Wagner and Uth have only scored 1 goal between the both of them, scored by Wagner. Zoller seems like he'll miss the remaining EL games and Koln are unlikely to progress, so his EL campaign is likely over.

it's good that are most productive Europe strikers are both young strikers rather than old ones.

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

have to say it's a shame that Kruse seems to be on Low's blacklist. He's a better striker than Wagner and outside of Gomez every other striker is younger than Wagner.

Not to be mean but from Werner, Stindl, Gomez, Volland, Uth, Kruse and Selke. I rate all of those guys above Wagner, even plenty of the youth strikers have more potential and prospect than Wagner ever did. I think Terodde and Zoller are the only German striker I can think of where Wagner is better than. Heck even sub scoring King Petersen is more impressive, lol.

Still think that one does not win a WC with a Wagner on the team. He was so bad vs Australia at the CC that he got benched the next game and never returned to the lineup not even used as a sub. That tells you a lot.

Rosebud, Epitome990 and Dage repped this.
  13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #113 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Volland? Really?

I cant see what Volland can offer for now. What makes him standout? Pace, Strength, aerial ability or finishing? What attributes can he offer to the team ? I just think u kinda need an identity as a striker nowadays

For Loew:

Plan A - fast agile striker who is good at off the ball movement, good finisher and can hold p the ball in final third

Plan B - Big, strong aerial threat. who can offer something the team has been missing

Gomez, Wagner might be the last breed of big targetmen. Then you might realize players like Platte, Seydel, Serra n Dautaj (190cm or above), arent normally first choice strikers, even for their clubs' reserve(or sometime youth) teams.

I think these big strikers might also be plan B for their clubs, n might be late bloomers

Very likely scenario: 5 years later, your NT's "plan B" (a big targetman) might be a bench player at club level. Because all bigger teams nowadays emphasize mobility, interchange and pressing up front, so they prefer fast, agile forwards in their starting lineup (like Gabriel Jesus, Firmino, Lacazette, Mbappe, Messi, Mertens, Werner n co.)

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didn't say Volland should be in the NT. Only that he's better and that I rate him more than Wagner. If it was up to me neither would Wagner nor Volland would make it. If I had to chose between the 2 it would be Volland>>>>>>>>>>Wagner.

what does Wagner offer? Slow, doesn't dribble well, aggressive for no reason, getting booked. Doesn't shoot that well either. He can't handle the ball for long, the longer he has the ball the more ineffective he becomes.

actually Felix Platte when not injured is the 1st choice of Darmstadt having started the last 3 games playing the full 90 and scoring 2 goals. He also happens to be tied with Sobiech at 2 goals in terms of strikers production at that club although Platte has only played 6 games to Sobiech's 13 games and being 6 years younger.

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Wagner is a good plan B option. We dont produce targetman anymore, after him n Gomez

16. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Selke?

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #117 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Nov 23, 2017
    But do u notice most of the better teams, especially with possession based n high press don't play with targetman as plan A?

Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Barcelona, Napoli n even Dortmund

Big targetman nowadays are still Dzeko, Ibrahimovic, Giroud, Mario Gomez ...

U notice targetman might be in the dead end.

If most targetman in bigger clubs (smaller clubs might play with more direct approach) become plan B

It's difficult for coaches to choose targetman in these teams as they don't always start. Other option is Strikers from smaller teams.

That will be a trend in the future I guess

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Could be a chance for more playing time again for Füllkrug, as Jonathas is out for remainder of the Hinrunde.

http://www.90min.de/posts/5837742-hannover-96-fuer-jonathas-ist-die-hinrunde-vorzeitig-beendet

Mark Uth will make his decision during the winter break on his future. Signing an extension with Hoffenheim could be an option of course. Although, according to reports he's drawn interest from BL clubs possibly from Leverkusen and Schalke, and also abroad.

http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundesliga/bundesligisten-locken-uth-entscheidung-in-kurze_84545

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's hoping that Fullkrug gets his chances to impress and take a spot in the XI. He has to compete against Bebou and Harnik though.

For Uth, I think Schalke might not be a bad move. They are doing well because of their defense but attacking wise they are severely lacking. With Burgstaller being the only striker really used but even him he shouldn't be too hard to displace. And the way they are playing CL next season could be possible. Not sure I want to see him at Bayer.

If Wagner leaves than he has a chance to take that starting spot at Hoff. If he goes abroad I guess it's the often mentioned EPL.

he even says that Gomez is his idol. Just like how Arp says that Harry Kane is his.

Epitome990 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    even though they already have Lasogga, seems like Leeds are considering a January move for Ducksch. Would be a dumb move though. Since his club has a good chance of getting promotion to the 1st division and I'm sure there is interest from the Bundesliga clubs too. Either way he has a good chance to play Bundesliga next season. Why throw that away to go to the Championship which is lower level than the 2nd bundesliga to a team that's highly doubtful would even make EPL next season? Also better to prove yourself in Germany before making a move abroad.

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think David Otto n Florian Kruger have their chances soon

I don't think Schalke need Uth. Burgstaller/Di Santo/Embolo and some playing time for Kruger is more than adequate

Uth can play for Gladbach. We need someone like him

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Uth is a Kölner by birth, early academy development, and I'm pretty sure also personal affiliation. Not saying that it's impossible for him to go to their biggest rivals at Gladbach. But that's probably a tough decision that he'll have to consider.

Serious question, by "we" are you a Gladbach fan now?

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #124 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Nov 23, 2017
    Always

Check my earlier posts. I had some arguments with Rosebud regarding the lineup n tactics

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.