[SQR] USMNT v Scotland roster

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by doppelganger, Nov 8, 2005.

1. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
  2. shortee

shortee Member

Jun 7, 2002
    East Bay
    I was expecting Clark to be there. He didn't play poorly in the limited time he got in his only appearance. Was Bruce unimpressed during the playoffs? If that's the case I'm surprised Ching got the call. He played poorly in the playoffs. Of course, Bruce doesn't have a lot of options. LD's with LA, none of the Revs are available, Eddie Johnson's injured, so that pretty much leaves Ching.

I've never seen Feilhaber play, so I can't really argue against it.

3. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Maybe it has nothing to do with Clark. Bruce already has a good idea about Rico's strengths and weaknesses, now he wants to look at somebody else. That said, Rico's style is a little chaotic and maybe Bruce wants more discipline. I wouldn't be surprised if Rico's in the picture for 2010.

4. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no trouble with Feilhaber making it ... he's Euro based and they were gonna make up a majority of the roster.

but carroll and/or Zavagnin? c'mon!
    I guess Rico didn't impress during his last camp. I guess the camp in Jan. will be telling if Rico is left off that one, too.

:(

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    on a somewhat related note, DeRo was called up for Canada's match against Luxemborg (?) .... wonder if Frank will try him in the middle?

6. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just waiting for Robinson to get his call up

and I think Mulls deserves some more time, I don't know why BA keeps ignoring him

7. Soccerski

Soccerski Member

Dec 2, 2000
    Georgetown, CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree with you about Rico's playing style: its fun to watch, but I am not sure that it fits within Bruce's concept of how a central midfielder should play.

The other factor that may be working againt Rico is his lack of versatility. When he was with the Metro, Bradley tried him (at least for one game) at right back. I remember Rico's play in that game for all the wrong reasons.

All things considered, I hope Rico at least gets an invite to the January camp. He deserves at least that opportunity to prove to Arena what he can do.

8. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he didn't play very well when given his shot but I think he'll be in the January camp

9. shortee

shortee Member

Jun 7, 2002
    East Bay
    He was pretty inconsistent this year with the Quakes. He'd have flashes of brilliance and then nothing after that. If Bruce calls him up in January, good for him. Hopefully he can impress him, but I think it's too late for WC 2006.

10. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    don't get me wrong about Feilhaber...he and Wynne were the studs of the U20s this time around....

just an odd choice....maybe BA is trying to cap tie as many players as he can...:D

11. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Bruce is still looking at the players. I don't believe he has made any final decision yet. There are others who are missing, too.

12. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh for sure, I wasn't suggesting he should be included in 2006.. but past that, he's got to be in consideration

he's without question, one of the hardest working midfielders in the league, and he has the speed and skills to fulfill a good role

13. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruce is just spreading the net.
    If Rico doesn't get called up in January, then I'd say it doesn't look good for the World Cup.

Ching hasn't gotten a lot of Nats playing time since coming back from the injuries. This is his opportunity to shine.

14. SeamusBrewer

SeamusBrewer New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    SF
    I so wish he would have dragged candy ass out of the MLS cup and sat him on the bench in Scotland. That's what I would have done.

15. shortee

shortee Member

Jun 7, 2002
    East Bay
    Ching will probably get a start on Saturday since McBride's out with a groin injury. This is a very good opportunity for him to impress Bruce. Good luck to him.

16. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention, Ching scored a clutch goal during WCQ. He just needs to be back in form since the competition for spots are fierce. It's the injury bug that really has set him back.

Plus, factor in the new blood (U-20s) and the vets are going to be hard pressed to earn a roster spot.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mullan, Clark, Califf, and Robinson get a look but again, they would have to impress.