[SQR] Google Earth

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Naco, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Using my new favourite time waster, http://earth.google.com/, here's a couple snapshots I took of our Mecca.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I was bored. I'm in the process of bookmarking all the MLS Stadiums, and then, hopefully, all the proposed expansion sites!

2. Airblair

Airblair Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been playing around with it, too. What's funny is that looking at the Santa Clara Fairgrounds site shows a jumbo jet over the western side of the grounds. Either that jet is permanently parked there, or the picture could use a little updating.

3. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I thought this thread was about the rumor that Google had bought the team and was going to change the name...

4. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    I'd love to take those photos, cut them down the middle and invert them to imagine what a reconstructed Spartan Stadium might look like.

5. Airblair

Airblair Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't there a thread where somebody already did that?

You know, the more I look at things, the more I think that the fairgrounds is probably the best site available. I don't want to share a stadium with SJ State or any football team, the Santa Clara site looks to be too small, and San Francisco is a pipe dream. There's tons of space at the fairgrounds; just look at all the dirt parking at the south end--according to Google Earth, Spartan Stadium measures 210 yards (including stands) by 200 yards, and the diagonal dirt road in the lower right corner is about 200 yards long.