Spurs vs Norwich, FA Cup, Wed. March 4th, 2:45 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I sadly think he’ll use the injuries as an excuse to buy himself until Christmas.

BalanceUT repped this.
  2. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Man, what the hell is going on with this team.

Initially, i thought it was Poch loosing the team.. combined with the uncertainty of players futures/contracts..

Now? I just dont know what to believe anymore.. i feel like there is something more going on in this club.. just so poor for the last year.. under 2 diff managers.. with diff sets of players (both coming in and going out)

3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Well at least Dier is likely to be out for a good long while after going in to the stands to have a go at a fan.

4. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    WTF?

Vorm redeemed himself by saving the first PK. Then came 3 horribly taken PKs.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The guy is just no longer prepared to coach at this level. I mean, he has only managed to win 1 of 3 games against the bottom club and they didn't even field their best side tonight. Daniel Farke, a PL rookie, outcoached him all 3 times.

All the money and all the success has gone to Mourinho's head, he has lost his edge. He used to be the best-prepared manager in football, that is no longer the case. He did not even know who was going to take the penalties and it is clear that the side did not practice them. Norwich on the other hand were well prepared and ran circles around us.

I still can't see what he is trying to do tactically, his in-game management and team selection is embarrassing and after 3 months in charge, our defence is worse than when he came in.

6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    We're quite shit, it appears.

7. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    You still cannot go into the stands and attack people. Could this season get any worse for us? This is a total shit show, from the chairman on down.

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FA has shown it is not taking racism coming from the stands seriously, and considering that is brother was in the mix as well, I totally understand Dier. To Dier, he is backing both his family, and if the allegations are true, his teammate. Sure he should get a ban for entering the stands, but this in no way is Cantona as has been suggested in the article.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    A professional athlete cannot go into the stands and attack people. That is a line in the sand you just do not cross. We have seen it in Europe and in North America be punished severely and rightly so. Dier used poor judgment. If the allegations are true, this scumbag fan needs to be harshly dealt with, but there are proper ways to do it.

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    He will? He has been using them as an excuse for weeks now. Speaking of has beens...

soccernutter repped this.
  12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    With all due respect - and with all the contempt for racism that is warranted - I can't go along with that. Golara is quite correct. Whatever measures are to be taken to deal with such things, players are not to be the executors thereof. Dier should frankly be in fairly deep shit for it. Failure to sanction him rather severely would set a horrible precedent.

Which sucks for Spurs, of course. But I'm not expecting much happiness on that front between now and the summer.

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.