Spurs vs Liverpool, Sat. Sept. 30, 12:30 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    That’s not quite the defense you think it is.

Phillyspur repped this.
  2. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If that's true, your presence here 4 days after the game is even weirder.

Golara repped this.
  3. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No, their official statement very carefully rules nothing out, allowing all this speculation to continue. As that article I linked said, their only options are 'cry' and 'cry more', both of which have been exhaustively explored.

Golara, pookspur and jumhed repped this.
  4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It's a moot point, didn't the FA get rid of replays?

5. Billyboy229

Billyboy229 Member

Bolton
    Wales
    Dec 29, 2019
    Liverpool are seeking answers from the PGMOL over their disallowed goal in Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Tottenham, but they do not want a replay contrary to some suggestions

The above is from the sports editor in the mirror, I know you guys are disappointed

6. Billyboy229

Billyboy229 Member

Bolton
    Wales
    Dec 29, 2019

Why? I watch all the games and I am Bolton fan?? So no dog in the fight. I watch the game and comment on them. A open minded opinion

7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Are we to file that under 'no dog in the fight' or 'open minded opinion'?

Beause up to now, I've just had it under 'douchebag'.

Phillyspur repped this.
  8. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    We're all happy with what's happening at the moment especially after "Beating" Liverpool but, apart from attacking football not much else has changed.............yet. The old tradition which went on for a long time was not beating other London clubs which, is still with us. Brentford (plunging down the table) and Arsenal. We went behind at home to the bottom club and only won in the last seconds of a 99 minute minute match. We went behind against another bottom club Burnley and would have gone behind at home again against Liverpool who had a perfectly good goal disallowed. All in all................not 100% and not (for me anyway) totally convincing. Now. to put this right considering where we are compared to our next opponents we need a good 3 goal win against them. Then and only then will I be convinced all is going well. Sorry to be negative.

9. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    We also couldn't break down a 9 man team, they scored for us, we only scored one goal.

10. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Everybody saw it, mate.

What's convincing is that we're not utter shite, which felt a real possibility coming into the campaign. Nobody at Spurs expects us to win the League. There's no need for a minute-by-minute analysis to tell us where we stand.

We're trying to play good stuff, and succeeding more often than not. We're getting results. We're not awful. These things make me happy. Whether Liverpool fans, or Bolton fans (or even other Spurs fans), consider this sufficient for satisfaction this doesn't mean a jot.

The joy is in the journey, wherever we arrive. I know where Spurs are - even without a bad VAR decision. And I know where I stand. Talking me down from here is a waste of time.

Golara repped this.
  11. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    The expectations going into this season were about as low as they've been for the last 15-20 years. We are trying to play a progressive attractive style of football and for the most part its working. We've recruiting some excellent young talent (Van der Ven, Udogie and for young for a GK Vicario) and a genuine game changer in Maddison. The manager has integrated Porro and Bissouma into slightly different roles seamlessly.

None of the top 6 teams in the PL has played flawlessly, they've all pretty much needed late winners or gone behind in the odd game, why anyone would think Spurs would be any different is a little strange.

12. Billyboy229

Billyboy229 Member

Bolton
    Wales
    Dec 29, 2019
    to be fair that was in response to an equally dumb post from one of your own. You watch the game make a comment, when it is not in line with a posters thoughts they automatically think I am a Liverpool fan and I am trying to wind them up. Amazing the things some of them say. Never posted on the spurs forum, honestly didn’t think anyone was here.

13. Billyboy229

Billyboy229 Member

Bolton
    Wales
    Dec 29, 2019

What else are they supposed to do? Just say ok boys too bad we will get them next time. That stance only makes sure nothing will change, I understand Spurs fans don’t care they won the game and United fans are thrilled cos it Liverpool ( plus it takes their mind off how shit they are) but it’s not good enough. If it happens to You guys down the road let’s see what some of the posts on here are saying. No one seems to care cos everyone is making money, I doubt some of the Liverpool players give a shit. The standard of refereeing in the prem is a joke but what happens? They get a game on the sidelines, T he VAR guys should be fired plain and simple.

14. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    When Ange was appointed my expectations weren't low, totally the opposite in fact. Because he took Celtic back to their old ways of winning multiple trophies in a season I thought, because of his success that he could do the same for us. Is there really much difference between managing Celtic and managing Spurs? Both clubs of high standing with successful pasts. With Kane gone I also felt that the others would step up and bingo.
    Now, I don't see too much stopping us getting top two. We have a fairly decent record against City and Arsenal aren't infallible. I see some potential banana skins but, with Spurs on form the old winning traditions will return.

15. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Klopp just said he wanted a replay. Just hope the goalposts you’re about to move don’t fall to review by the same VAR team.

Phillyspur repped this.
  16. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    I toyed with the idea of something similar to a steward's enquiry as in racing but for football. I don't agree with a replay but horses which have come first have then had first place removed because of an infringement or whatever. Olympic athletes have had medals removed. Should it be then that in the case of a VAR error that results should be reviewed? Just asking, not suggesting.

17. Billyboy229

Billyboy229 Member

Bolton
    Wales
    Dec 29, 2019
    What are you yapping about. He is being an idiot and shit stirring , him saying he thinks they should replay the game has nothing to do with the club requesting a replay, he knows it the whole world knows there won’t be a replay. I Hope there is tho

18. Billyboy229

Billyboy229 Member

Bolton
    Wales
    Dec 29, 2019
    The examples you gave are just one off races, the prem is based on pts over the season. Wait till you hear the screaming if the scousers lose the prem by a point or goal difference or fail to qualify for the CL by the same

Chickasaw repped this.
  19. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I think Alan Greenspan had a term for this - "irrational exuberance." I am exuberant, too, but trying not to get carried away.

20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Don't know what this tradition is you're talking about. You really need to do your research. Last season we recorded 6 wins against our London rivals. Historically, with the exception of Arsenal and Chelsea, we have a winning record against the other London clubs and by a fair margin.

Phillyspur repped this.
  21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Wrong: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ls-for-spurs-liverpool-replay-after-var-error

This is the height of arrogance. Of course, when it was brought to his attention that this would open the door to other games being replayed, Klopp pish-poshed it, saying that this was different.

Ah yes, of course it's different, because only the mighty Liverpool are worthy of having their game replayed, anyone else that gets stiffed too bad.

jumhed repped this.
  22. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol. Yesterday the club doesn't want a replay because *checks notes* the 'sports editor of the Mirror' says so. But when the actual bloody coach of the team says he does, and that means nothing.

I know you must be disappointed.

Can we please all move on?

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  23. Billyboy229

Billyboy229 Member

Bolton
    Wales
    Dec 29, 2019
    It really is funny how fans will read something and then make it fit their outraged argument. Klopp was asked what should happen. He said “ we should replay the game” he then went on to say “ probably won’t happen” cos he knows it won’t. No where did he demand the game to be replayed or that he or Liverpoofootball club had called the prem to demand a replay. United fans going nuts and Gary Nevillestirring the pot really is funny, you would think they would be screaming for Ten Hag to be canned

24. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    #74 Chickasaw, Oct 4, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    I'm going back a little while, I do know of recent wins. But
    we went for a period recently without beating other London clubs. I'll look it up.

25. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hey, pinhead. It has happened to us. It's happened to everyone. Are you really this effing thick?

Golara repped this.