Spurs vs Arsenal (EPL) 12 July 2020

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NorthBank, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Shen-O

Shen-O Guest

6) Good
    7) We should be selling him anyways, we need a total rebuild, without Europe. Those 3 fronts should be domestic only. Plenty of games for youngsters to develop without dragging us down.
    8) Arteta can't even use 5 subs correctly...hoping for more "common sense" than Wenger is a big ask.

2. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Our top 5 in minutes played in Europe this season are:

Mustafi
    Willock
    Saka
    Martinez
    Martinelli

We can play whoever the ******** we want in the group stages and basically cruise. It's a great showcase for our young players - everyone's psyched about Saka, but he only got our attention because of how he played in the Europa League. There's no way he starts at Old Trafford in September if he hadn't lit Frankfurt up two weeks prior.

Like, on a surface level, I get the motivation behind wanting to focus entirely on domestic play, but the quality of team we put out for the majority of our involvement in the Europa League has almost no impact on our ability to do that.

daedalus repped this.
  3. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    fair. and i agree.

4. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    we could literally field a 2nd team of mostly youth teamers and still get into knockout stage in europa. without dragging us down.
    i mean, all i'm looking for from him is to no longer do that thing where wenger will sit people for 3 months then play them 10 games in a row. if he can't do that, we're ********ed.

pre-lockdown, he did well with substitution. so i'm willing to give it a chance.

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like arteta but I think the most Klopp like manager is the Southampton manager
    Can’t spell his name but I like what he’s done, I think he will end up at a big club soon enough

6. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    I was looking for the game time NBC service providing coverage, but there doesn’t appear to be a Liverpool thread. Doesn’t anyone want to be a onetime thread starter?

7. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ralph Hasenhuttl?
    He was the Leipzig manager that got them to where they were before Nagelsmann took over. He was one of the handful of options that I really wanted over Emery. His win% at his various stops have not been particularly impressive (best was 48% at Leipzig) but his offenses are outstanding and very exciting to watch. He would need a good defensive coach along with some good purchases at the back to be really effective.

thebigman repped this.
  8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah but that relentless style of play

is Klopp a good defensive coach? Good press coach but VVD and Fabinho would solve anyone’s issue

chjoak repped this.
  9. Shen-O

Shen-O Guest

don’t think so, didn’t he lose 6-7 finals in a row before his CL win?

thebigman repped this.
  10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lost cl final with Liverpool and Dortmund and Europa league final with Liverpool