Spurs Silly Season Version 4

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PoshSpur, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Madrid paying silly money -- never. The average age of REAL players is approaching 56 so it would make sense they want to bring in some youth, but they haven't got a new manager yet, not that thats ever stopped them from buying players.

The article is most likely crap, but Madrid will probably be splashing money in summer after 2 bad seasons by their standards...

2. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    imo a new striker is a must, Mido although he's scored a few, the team is too one dimensional, and away from home we try to hit it to him to hold the ball up which in most cases he can't do as there is no real support. Rather than playing to our strengths, which to me is pass and move, it basically plays into the oppositions hands on too many occasions. In many games he floats out of the action for far to much of the 90 minutes, and at times can look disinterested. And for such a big man falls like a sack of shite even against smaller defenders. Not saying that I want him to go, but I'd not be all that fussed if he did.

I'd like to see a big man who has a bit of pace about him, which in the prem more than any other league pace helps you win games....just look at the pricks 5 miles up the road from us.

3. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That is what Madrid so these days, waste money and win nothing. Quite funny really watching this former glory club implode.

4. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
  5. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Martin Jol has choosen his replacement for Rasiak i see.

6. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    I think it was a community scheme thing, not sure what exactly.

I hear he's a decent player, not sure whether he's right wing or left wing. Sometimes central. No one is quite sure where he plays now. But he's good on the defensive, quick to backtrack.

7. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...to bad he's a barcode fan.

8. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    And in the 70th minute he's gonna be subbed out for a dodgy Scot .

9. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm less and less impressed with Mido as the season wears on. To me he's like what I thought of Kanoute, if he stays fine, if he goes, no problemo either.

If we have CL, we will have no problem attracting a top talent striker and filling our other gaps and weak points -- we got the money, location and an attractive young team --

10. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ....fingers crossed for that, the scum other than us and United have a far easier run in than ourselves. I'd hate us to miss out on the last day of the season at the hands of West 'aaaaam.....ffs.

11. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    I watched this guy we're beeing linked with, Berbatov today. Obviously I'd heard of him before and I must have seen him play for the Bulgarian national side without paying much attention. But I watched him closely today in Leverkusen's game against Dortmund. He was very good and I think he'd do well in the Premier League. He's tall, strong and very skillful - the perfect targetman.

He's scored about 15 goals already this season and I'd be very happy if we made a move for him during the summer. Of course, there's the question of whether he could adapt, but of all the European leagues I think the Bundesliga is the most similar to the premiership, so I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

I guess a lot will depend on whether Leverkusen make the UEFA cup or not. Right now they are 6th, but there are 4 teams within 4 points of them with 5 games left...

12. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I never saw that game but i would be happy with Berbatov, when he started playing for Leverkusen i thought he was rubbish but i have changed my mind about him.

13. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What's he doing at the lane?

14. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    He was their to launch a new scheme called 'kickz'.

It is a scheme launched by Tottenham, Fulham & Brentford, in Tottenham's case it is to help youngsters aged from 11-18 year olds from the Ferry Lane estate in Tottenham. They will work on football skills, fitness training, self-defence as well as CV writing and receive career talks and study support.

15. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Same. Last time i saw him on a regular basis he was proper clumsy, but he seems to be a regular scorer this season.

Concerned at the price-tag mentioned in the Independent the other day, £10.7m.

16. savatage

savatage New Member

May 11, 2005
    hey guys!

First of all, i am a big Tottenham Fan sice a few years and i think they are playing amazing football.

I have a question:
    I´ve heard that if arsenal will end the season fifth and spurs 4th and arsenal win the CL, then tottenham won´t play in the Champions league next season. Is that true???
    i hope not because this would be very unfair, a team is playing 38 games to reach that goal and then this goal ( 4th place) means nothing

this agreement that liverpool had last year, isnt that the same if arse would be fifth and win the CL?

17. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    the rule has been changed (as a direct result of liverpool's situation last year), and so, yes, it is true. if the arse wins the champions' league, yet finishes 5th or lower, they will defend their title, at the expense of the 4th place EPL club.

18. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Best to hope that Riquelme and Senna have the torpedos loaded in the yellow sub on the days of the next two matches.

19. Mort09

Mort09 New Member

Nov 1, 2005
    If Riquelme doesn't get them then Ronaldinho will.

20. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Arca has been quoted as saying - "I've been in the Championship, and i don't want to go back.' Being linked with us.

Whats that Argie at Pompey like? The one on loan. Worth £6m?

21. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Would be a good playmaker in Spain. I think he'd struggle over the course of a season in the Prem, as he did in Germany. One of my favorite players to watch when he's on his game, actually. Saw him win the U-21 Championship with Argentina, and saw him literally dominate games while with River.

22. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like Arca on the cheap...but D'Alessandro wouldn't work here, like The Double said.

What about Kallstrom from Rennes? Slow, yes...but he gets goals and hes a lefty.

23. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Centre midfielder.

I remember watching him when he was 17.. i was lurking outside his school with a bag of sweets....

No, seriously. AIK vs BK Hacken, i went to Stockholm on holiday. It was 1-1 and he was good, he controlled their play but it was obvious he was very young and inexperienced.

24. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Plus he's called Kim. He is also the tits on FM. Gets my vote. :D

25. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I heard our old friend Stephen Carr has his agent trying to get a move back to us :D I'm sure the club will tell him to sod off.