Spurs Interested In China Star

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by BrianCappellieri, Aug 9, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Tottenham are interested in China international Qu Bo, according to the Daily Star.

The 21-year-old striker is likely to be given a year's loan at White Hart Lane.

Glenn Hoddle said: "We want to get him in on loan but there are all sorts of things to be sorted out.

"We like what we've seen and we're in no position to say any more than that."

Hoddle is also reported to be chasing Dario Silva, Raul Tamudo, Albert Luque and Roy Makaay.

Football365

2. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Spurs sign Qu Bo

The club is delighted to announce the signing of Chinese international striker Qu Bo, subject to a work permit...

The Spurs Web

3. harttbeat

harttbeat Member+

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    am I missing something? These chinese players didn't do jack in the world cup and they're getting offers from England... Meanwhile, you look at the US players, none of them have been getting offers... weird

4. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    that's because

Chinese player on your team = shirts sale, millions watching your team play on TV. I believe Fan Zhiyi's first match for CP was watched by few million Chinese live.
    US player on your team = sit on the bench, no one in the US cares. Do you know any one who watches CP because Kirovski and Berhalter plays for them?

BTW, Qu Bo sat on the bench most of the time (in the WC, that is). Played 99 min as a sub and played pretty well.

5. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    you can sell more replica jerseys in china than in the US.

6. harttbeat

harttbeat Member+

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    well...if that's the case... no wonder some of these english team sux... they dun care about trophies ... they just want the $$$

7. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    topcow pretty much summed it up...

another thing is that mls is not willing to sell or loan out those young us players while their season is on-going, and up until last week mls was the only league running...

8. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    Actually, Japan, Korea and China all have summer leagues.
    MLS won't let players go because they need the stars to keep the fans, and single entity means selling one player doesn't benefit that team.
    Also, most Chinese knows Jia A (Chinese league) real suck, so they encourage Chinese players to go to Europe and play there.

9. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    That certainly two Lis' case, but not Qu's. The most important reason that Spurs sign Qu because he did a pretty good job on the trial run. Hoddle does believe Qu is going to contribute someing for the team in the upcoming season.

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Spurs agree loan deal for Chinese striker 'Kevin'

Tottenham have signed Chinese striker Qu Bo on a season-long loan...

Tribal Football

11. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    HAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA...I love the title of this thread.

Spurs interested in "China Star."

In case y'all don't know what a "China star" is here's an illustration ( )@( )

(answer: it's an a$$hole)

12. sydtheeagle

sydtheeagle New Member

May 21, 2002
    Oxfordshire
    We watch, and love, Palace because Berhalter DOESN'T play for us, not because he does!

Spurs bought Quo Bo because they can afford him.

13. yetanotherkim

yetanotherkim New Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
  14. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    I have to note one too. What is "China star" mean????? The Comrade People's Republic of China star???? They did jack ass in World Cup. THey have no star.

15. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    You maybe right, there might not be a star player in China's national team, that's why they need to go overseas and play. I'm glad many Chinese players are going to the EPL instead of other lower rate European leagues. They might not get as much playing time, but at least they get to play with some of the best.

and Chachi King, I have no idea what you are taking about, I don't think anyone does.

16. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    As did Korea Republic before WC02.

17. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which one?

[​IMG]

18. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, finally somebody stands up to these dumbass Korean Trolls. One good/bad cup does not a team's quality make. Look at the US in '98...

19. landonlover2110

landonlover2110 New Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Cincinnati
    I agree, it just doesnt make any sense. it shows how stupid people can be

20. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Huh?

21. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    you guys never heard of a "China star" before?

dang. it must pretty obscure then.

22. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Guys, you're reading into this way to much. Don't take one headline so literally. He is star in China! If he's not a star of the Chinese national team no one is.

For an example they use the term "US star" all the time. :)

23. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :D

24. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    dammit

a "china star" is another word for bunghole, poopchute, twinkle twinkle little star, etc.

I guess no one's really heard of it