Spurs coach chasing de Ridder

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Sneijder -=(18)=-, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Sneijder -=(18)=-

Sneijder -=(18)=- New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    The Netherlands
    The New Tottenham Hotspurs coach Martin Jol has declared his interest for the benched Ajax-talent Daniël de Ridder.
    The 20-year old de Ridder is keen to leave Ajax as he feels he doesn't get the chances he deserves.
    He's 2nd choice after Mauro Rosales on the right-wing position.
    As Spurs join Newcastle United in the chase for this great prospect.

Source: Studio Sport

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have heard this in a few places, there's another article on Sky Sports where de Ridder says he's likely to move on this year, and also comments from people who heard it direct from Jol.

It's also said that the club tried to buy him before the transfer deadline but Ajax wouldn't sell him.

With the move also for Routledge, it's good that the club is chasing talented players for the wings. As long as one of them gets signed for the right wing and fulfills his potential then I am happy.

Could do with a bit of linkage for the left wing as well other than Andy Reid. A move again for Jankulovski in january would be perfect.

3. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    We are building a very good, young squad under Arnesen. We are being linked with so many players Jankulovski, Routledge, de Ridder, Sneijder, van Bommel & Hargreaves. We will have a clearout in January/Summer with Redknapp, Richards & maybe Brown & Jackson.

4. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    Why are ya'll going after a right wing when you are already so thin on the left? Isn't Simon Davies the stuff? Is de Ridder flexible enough to play on either wing?

Were ya'll ever in for Julian Gray? He seems to be playing fairly well for B'rum (though mostly in a more defensive role).

I think the thread title is rather ironic.

5. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Andy Reid's gonna be playing left wing as of January. Simon Davies is struggling to recapture form following his lengthy lay-off and we have no cover on the right. A new right winger also makes sense as Davies also likes to play more central.

6. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    Is the Andy Reid signing final? I had not read anything stating that a final bid was accepted (I have been away for most of the weekend so I might have missed it).

Which current starter would Davies slot in for in the center of the field? I thought that Carrick was going to be the new player there (alongside Sean Davis, Brenes or maybe Jamie Redknapp. Does Michael Brown have a place in the side still, or is he now considered just a squad player?

7. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Andy Reid has not been confirmed yet.

Simon Davies started off as a centre midfielder & i thought he was good in that position. He was able to score goals as a centre midfielder. That was when Graham was manager then Hoddle came and was intent on playing wing-backs during his first full season but Carr got injured for months then we went to a 4-4-2 formation & because Hoddle wanted to play wing-backs we did not have real wingers so Davies started playing right wing & he started really well their but his form has dipped dramatically.