Sporting vs Boavista [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Sporting needs to recover the momentum they lost against Porto, Boavista of lately catching up with the leaders, a game to watch

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    will be nice to see Joao V Pinto going against Custodio

3. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Guys, check this out. It's irony at it's best. Jaime Pacheco in a press conference threw a few shots at Liedson. (He basically accused him of being a diver) Although I would have to agree, Pacheco should think twice before making comments like that. He has the most aggressive team in the league, they're better at "cacetada" than they are at playing soccer.

Secondly, he should take a closer look at his own divers. Can anyone say JVP? The second penalty against Penafiel was a joke.

Here's a link to the full article:

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/noticia.php?id=467831&div_id=1464

4. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nothing new with this guy, he normally throws out barbs just to take pressure off himself.

5. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Aaah... but we all know where JVP developed his greatest skill dont we?
    It was year after year after year of diving at Benfica that perfected every move, turning it into a subtle art form. It was the class of the "perfect JVP dive" combined with the famous "benfiquista whine" that made JVP the most feared diver in Portugal. His dives were surgical, always producing decisive penaltys or red cards.

But these days the power of JVP's dive is very limited. With Boavista he doesn't have thousands of fans shouting in outrage every time he falls anymore. And besides banging Marisa Cruz every night as taken a lot of his energy which he would normally be using to roll on the floor and fake agony like death was imminent.

Liedson on the other hand, is the new kid on the block, the young talent, still diving his way to the top. He's younger, he still has that enthusiasm about diving, his dives are unpredictable, his energy rolling on the floor is impressing. You put this talent against Jaime Pacheco's Boavista team... you know what's going to happen. Penaltys, red cards, agressions... or were they ;) !?

Liedson is going to beat JVP at least by 3 cards. Mark my words.

6. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think you are confusing Liedson with Deco.:D

Must be a Brazilian thing;)

7. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Here we are talking about the artistic form of diving(very good description ferreirajl) and then we go and defend the non diving in the diving thread.

Ok. Jaime should show up at the game with the scoring cards for diving and every time Liedson falls he should hold up the sign you know 9.5, 8.5 of course it would depend on the dive.

8. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not all of us.........

9. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

I think you probably have a vision problem if you don't see Liedson's dives. Or maybe your seat in Alvalade is one of those behind the scoreboard? :D

And don't dismiss diving as a brazilian thing, I just told you how JVP ruled as "the King of Divers" for years. We don't want all the "brazucas" in here giving us a piece of their mind.... specially if they're right.

10. Briosa a frente

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Not all of us what?
    I hope that you are not implying that you were not defending the diving in the divers thread. Because if you are then you are full of SH**. If that is not what you are implying then what is it.

11. AntiLampioes

AntiLampioes New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Lisboa

Listen sparky, go back and read my posts. I made several remarks that diving goes on in EVERY league and not just the Superliga.

Not once did I write "There is absolutely no diving in the Superliga"

I hope this clears the air for you! So in case you are too dense to get it, I did not "defend" diving. I merely argued the point that it happens everywhere.

By the way what is the point, why attack me? I wrote nothing derogatory.

What is it, Pick on JuveleoRules day?

12. AntiLampioes

AntiLampioes New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Lisboa

My God... :eek: It was a joke.........

13. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree with this guy.......

14. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

What.... all 7 of them?!?

15. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    **clap** clap** clap**

yes it was... glad you noticed it too

..."sparky"... :rolleyes:

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  17. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In actuality those seats are donated to the Blind Citizens of Lisbon so they can attend the games live. Very good gesture on Sportings side. When this idea was originally proposed thought some of the advocates of the Blind took exception to this. But since then the handicapped community has accepted this gesture. There is also alot of space allocated for Wheelchair fans. These spaces have very good site lines to the field.

This has been a public service announcement.:)

I am sure the way my day is going, someone is going to write that I should leave the handicapped alone. So to be clear I am just pointing out that Alvalade XXI does a good job in accomodating fans with dissabilities.:)

18. Briosa a frente

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Very good post :rolleyes:

And just to be on your side Liedson does not dive. :cool:

He is too Graceful for that. :D

19. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You are quickly becoming my new idol:D

Thanks

20. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Hey Ferreirajl why are u talkin' about Liedson, everybody know that he dives too often, but last season u had the master of him, Deco, or even Derlei, i wonder why weren't they in Olympic Games diving competition? they would win the medals..Benfica also have, well but they woudln't win any medal, Nuno Gomes and Fyssas, what a bad divers :rolleyes: :D

21. Briosa a frente

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    First of all my comment was clearly directed at Juveo.
    Second i was trying to get him to clearify what he was saying.
    Third the discussion we (me and Juveo) had, had no reference to what ever you might or might not have said. So the name calling only indicates your ignorance.
    fourthly who in the He** attacked you?
    Fifthly as I stated earlier i never started this Thread to indicate wheather or not diving occurs in the Superleague but that UEFA was looking at reviews of diving to further decide on extra or other actions
    As for Picking on Juveo me and Juveo have come to an understanding without your help believe it or not

22. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    RTPi will replay this game Sunday night at 9:30 PM EST.

Peace....

23. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada
    53' Sporting Lisbon [3 - 0] Boavista

14' [1 - 0] R. Douala

43' [2 - 0] H. Viana

44' [3 - 0] H. Viana

24. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Wow 5-1. Viana continues to be an enigma. Invisible against Porto and he comes back with two goals :confused:.