Sporting KC vs Dallas (Sat Apr 30, 7:30PM CT) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas undefeated in 6, KC winless in 4. Sure this is MLS, but I don't see this one ending pretty.

2. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Recent SKC performance gives us scant reason to be optimistic.

3. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Battle to avoid MLS relegation (the wooden spoon) starts this week.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at us, San Jose, and Vancouver, it's going to be about who doesn't ******** up their home games the most. All 3 are a combined 0-13 on the road this year.

5. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget the defending chumps, Cincinnati.

6. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ugh, I hate losing to stupid Dallas.

7. Kooth

Kooth Member

Sporting KC
    Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welp tonight’s lineup, but for the majority of the back line, underwhelms again.

8. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice defending by Voldemort on that Ferreria goal. Keep playing like that, and PV won't say your name.

9. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SKC first half passing accuracy less than 80%? Ugh

10. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I only got to see the second half, but Sporting actually looked pretty good? Clearly a giant vacuum at the 9, which is probably where they needed the quality to turn this into a win, but I actually wasn't too disappointed. A bit more SKC of old.

Duke was a highlight, as well as seeing Salloi hungry and angry.

11. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the draw keeps both of those streaks going.

12. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My takeaway from this game was that I was glad to see Zusi get the club record for starts, and I hope he doesn't add to that tally. Zusi is, obviously, a club legend and should remain dear to all of us, but in a "remember when" sort of way. So I come both to praise and bury him, I guess.
    Duke was not perfect, but he made a couple nice defensive plays, his speed was a bonus, and the team came to life when came on. there is room for improvement, a lot of it. but there was a lot of room for improvement when Zusi first started at RB, and by the end of that first season, for my money, he was tops or pretty close to it in MLS. As we did with Zusi back when, we saw in Duke a player who has a lot to offer and will get better every week.
    He elevated everyone around him.
    I agree with the issues surrounding Ford and Voldemort, but they look to be fixable issues, the sorts of things players do when they're trying to figure out a new system.
    Fontas' issues are not fixable, at least not without bionics (We would have to rebuild him, make him better, faster, stronger...)
    I am not sure this defensive line will drag us away from spoon territory, but I want to see it given the time to try to gel, as in another five or six or 10 games before we consider going back to the old guys.
    It was nice to see Salloi with that pop in his step.
    I know this is me being a broken record, but if we're going to play Roger, it really should be the other way around, Tzonis gets 75 minutes and Roger does mop up duty

13. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I fully expect SKC to get a bit better this season ( barring no long injuries to key players) but their ceiling seems to be fairly low. I watch other MLS teams play and it just seems that SKC will not be able to swim in the deep end with the big boys this season. I sure hope they prove me wrong. This game gave me a brief flicker of hope, but I am sure the score would have gone FCDs way had they not gone a man down.