Sporting KC vs Columbus (Sat Apr 23, 7:30PM CT) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Apr 19, 2022.

1. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A healthy Pulido, which SKC have never had, would change the dynamics of the attack tremendously. Who knows, they might even be able to score 2 goals in a game. Kinda's impact is less, and I would argue that Tzionis provides much of what Kinda does. That said, adding both players would bolster the attack, make the team much more fun to watch (really, who wants to watch another game with Shelton at the 9?) and make the squad capable of winning high scoring matches.

What Pulido and Kinda don't address is that PV is still starting Espinoza/Zusi and, up till this weekend, Fontas, in his quest to field MLS's slowest team. Pulido and Kinda also don't help what is an inexplicably dreadful midfield and a much worse than subpar defense.

I think your 5th to 7th is about right, which would be just good enough for PV to keep his man in the high castle gig going ad infinitum.

mschofield repped this.
  2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think that Kinda SKC an all action, creative force, who does a bit of everything while Tzonis is a really nice, creative force. I think those two would actually be the first two 8/10s capable of really running the single pivot system PV so craves so much.
    However, it's a system that relies on a top drawer ball playing destroyer and we don't have that, can't afford that, and the closest we have to it is when Uri is healthy, and he makes us even slower.
    Given our talent (lack) maybe when Kinda returns it's time to move Salloi to 9, Tzonis to left wing, Kinda and Walter as the 8/10s and FFS, bring in a legit 6.

3. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever PV does this week, I hope he doesn’t go back to the old guys with the same system. If that is the case when FCD comes to town SKC is going to be looking at another embarrassing showing. Maybe the SKC brain trust (whoever that is) will get busy with a solid recovery plan because CMP is starting to look more and more empty with every loss. I sat through too many shitty seasons with the Wizards to see this kind of soccer each week.