Sporting KC player national team news [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Sep 29, 2011.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Holy crap was that a good goal. Well done, our lad.

IASocFan repped this.
  2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Busio called up for the Gold Cup.

3. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Just saw that! Great for him. And if his tournament is good... great for Sporting's bank account. :)

Any idea how many games he may miss?

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Making the finals, he'll miss at least 3 vs SJ, @ Seattle, vs Dallas. The final is 3 days before we play @ LAFC so that may be a question too.

Semifinal is on the 29th so Dallas would probably be out if they get eliminated there.

Quarters he'd just miss 2.

Group stage, maybe just 1.

5. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Busio had a hell of an appearance and is being pretty rightly praised around the internet. Certainly as an immediate upgrade to Yueill. I think he sits for Adams but unless Berhalter is a complete moron (I don't think he is, completely), I am pretty sure Busio made his case really well and will get more starts.

Hopefully no more injury scares though. That landing looked bad.

Proud of the kid, and it was fun to hear the local crowd chanting for him all game through my TV.

IASocFan, mschofield and vividox repped this.
  6. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as excited as i was to see busio starting these last two matches, i thought he really played like a 19 year old, unfortunately. his passing was poor and rarely creative, and he got dispossessed numerous times. that said, yuell and acosta have been dumpster fires when in the midfield with him, so there's that.

aside from thrashing tiny martinique, the whole team has looked like garbage against two sides they should be dominating, even without our best euro-based players. i fully expect us to get bounced in disappointing fashion against jamaica in the quarters.

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're underselling Canada who has really come along this cycle and is going to cause a lot of teams problems in qualifying.

8. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This, very much this ... Canada has a chance to be top 3 (auto WC qualifier) this cycle. The team they put on the field was their A team (minus their 2 best players in Davies and David). Their replacements for both of those players are also VERY solid so that was a VERY good CONCACAF level Canadian team and we won with our B side.

Busio hasn't looked great, but I think the game plan yesterday after that goal was to sit back and take whatever Canada could throw at us. That along with Sands playing the 6 instead of the middle of a back 3 kind of threw Busio off a bit, it doesn't suit him as much, that being said he needed to be better, but honestly, that entire US team played questionable after about 30 seconds into the game.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zimmerman injury didn't help either. Pines had a poor game replacing him.

10. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure ... really, what is Pines on our USMNT CB depth chart? Is he top 10?

Brooks, McKinzie, Richards, Long, Miazga, Zimmerman, Robinson, Sands, CCV, EPB ... ??? I mean, he has to be down there. We won a game against a top 5 team in CONCACAF with a CB not in our top 10?

11. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I didn't think Busio played poorly yesterday... I just think he was on a bit of a walkabout. Hardly saw him when it mattered. Part of that is probably formation.

And let's be honest, guys. He's absolutely going through that predictable patch where all the transfer stuff is getting to his head. Especially if he was aware that the game yesterday may be the last game he ever played in our stadium and city? That can do a lot to knock a player, particularly a still very young one, well off his game.

I find it totally forgivable.

Hoping Venezia proves a stable environment for him to learn, particularly the athletic side of the game!

Blando13 repped this.
  12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not even sure he's the best US option on DC personally. I know Birnbaum has had injury issues this season but I currently trust him more than Pines.

Blando13 repped this.
  13. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has anyone watched mexico's games so far? has pulido been playing at all, and if so, how's he looked?

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s played in 3 of their 4 games, but has only played about 27 minutes total, usually after they have the game locked down.

15. roos79

roos79 New Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    How many of our 15 Games has Pulido played in?

16. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    11, with 8 starts and 797 minutes total. Really excited for Mexico to wrap up their run and return him to us.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KC have played 15 games, 1350 minutes, Pulido has played 59% of those 1350 minutes.

IASocFan and roos79 repped this.
  18. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was glad to see Bucio playing when the USA scored and eventually won the Gold Cup. Good for him. I only wish that he would have been able to win some sort of silverware during his time with SKC. I hope SKC has a more youngsters lined up that will experience his success.

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IASocFan and Blando13 repped this.
  20. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    it's official now. sure would be nice to have signed some attacking depth during the transfer window..

21. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Gotta really bank on some good health, and the form of Salloi and Pulido to maintain while one or both of Russell and Shelton try to unslump...

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gadi Kinda has been called up by Israel.

23. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our national team players are:

Pulido
    Salloi
    Kinda

They account for 24 goals out of 36. That's a lot of unavailable attacking power during an international window.

At the beginning of the season, I thought Salloi and Russell would be reversed on this list. JFR has not lived up to his DP status and I'm not sure he's turning that around anytime soon. Even when he was good (years ago now), our Bundasliga striker never was one to score a goal. So....where does the attacking production come from when those guys are out? I have no idea. Unfortunately, none of the players moved up from SKC II look like they are ready to contribute goals this year.

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulido not called up for Mexico.

25. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate saying that this is good news, but it is.