Sporting CP x Vitoria Setubal | Liga NOS 2017/2018 | 2a Jornada

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by OndaVerde, Aug 8, 2017.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I love Bruno Cesar but this is not a game he needs to play. We need creativity out there not a bull dog.

Throw Iuri out there..

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What a chance for Doumbia.

3. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    How have we not scored these last 15 min....

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    And another one. I'm losing years of my life. But my god Bruno fernandes and doumbia HAVE TO START

5. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Expect lots of antijogo these last 10 min from Setubal

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Great moral victory. F*cking moron Jesus.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    PENALTY!!!!!

8. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Looked like a weak call .... but my stream isn't super clear ....

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don't even care that it's a weak pk. Just to beat these park the bus teams like setubal

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Goloooooooooooooo GET IN YOU BEAUTY

11. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Setubal hasn't even tried to play soccer ... ugly

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol definitely wasn't a penalty, but ********it I'll take it

13. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    3 points ....... next

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    When it's benfica it's called "estrelinha de campeao"

15. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I love Bas Dost. Draws the penalty, makes no mistake with the penalty and then clears the ball on a threatening free kick late in the game.

I ordered his jersey the other day.

For the record it was a weak penalty. But I mean, from the refs view, in real time it looked like one. Dost sold it well.

vilafria and natenate101 repped this.
  16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    SIIUUUUUUUUUUUU

SIUUUUUUUUU

CHUPAAA

Didn't Setubal beat us last year? I don't think they are too easy to play against these days... I couldn't catch the game but seems obvious Bruno fernandes needs to start in mid.

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was a weak call. But we dominated the game. Make the right starting lineup, Jesus. Stop f*cking around.

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What lineup would you all use right now? How did Acuna look? He was subbed pretty early.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well... I can only assume he was subbed because we needed more creativity, but his replacement was Bruno Cesar so....

As for my preferred lineup at the moment:

Rui
    Piccini (for the time being)
    Coates
    Mathieu
    Coentrao
    Battaglia
    Bruno Fernandes
    Gelson
    Acuna
    Doumbia
    Dost

As for today's performances:

Rui - he literally didn't have any work due to our fantastic defense today - Setubal didn't produce a shot. 7/10

Piccini - this game demonstrated his weakness, he's not great going forward - very curious to see what Ristovski brings here. 6.5/10

Coates - since Setubal decided to park the bus, he stayed back and provided good cover. 8/10

Mathieu - our best defender today, he showed strength, tackling and speed - he's not the slow player most people thought. 9/10

Jonathan - noticed him less than Piccini as most attacks went through right side with Gelson, but also needs to improve going forward as his crosses were poor. 6.5/10

Battaglia - another great performance, he's not William because he doesn't have that ability to pick out a pass or quickly switch the flank but great pressing and strength in the tackle; he gives the team confidence in defensive phases. If William leaves we have a good substitute. 8.5/10

Adrien - better than last week, but still not the Adrien we know. And tbh with him and Battaglia in midfield, we had a lot of 'muscle' but little creativity, I think either Adrien or Battaglia should play DM with Bruno Fernandes ahead of them to provide the creativity and vision. 7/10

Gelson - first 60 minutes showed a team too dependent on Gelson to provide creativity; he continues to need work on his final pass and decision making, Setubal shut him down mostly. 7/10

Acuna - the usual hustle we've seen from him, it's nice to have wingers with different characteristics to be more unpredictable. 7/10

Podence - Got the start like most of us (myself too) wanted ... but frankly didn't deliver. I'm starting to see what JJ was saying, he lacks 'substance' and seems to be more of an impact sub. Was correctly subbed off for Doumbia. 6/10

Subs:

Bruno Cesar - I kind of agreed with Acuna coming off, but was hoping for Iuri to come in for more creativity, came in and did his job. 6/10

Doumbia - instant impact up front, the Double D was in effect. Yes, he missed two glorious chances but he's an animal in the box and his speed and versatility changed the game. Really hope we see him start next game. 8/10

Bruno Fernandes - came on for Adrien, and also added his creativity, he's also tactically smart, knows when to press, I'm really a big fan of his and he deserves to start. 8/10

20. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Piccini proves still to be the biggest issue in the lineup IMO. As mentioned he's not good at going forward, and that's just not a good fit with what we've got going on here. Really can't wait to see Ristovski out there. Aside from that I think we gotta sort out the midfield situation between Bruno Fernandes and Adrien. I thought Podence was good, especially early going.

For me I'd go

------------Dost--Podence
    Acuna----------------------Gelson
    -----------------Bruno
    -------------------Battaglia
    Coentrao-Mathieu-Coates-Ristovski
    --------------------Patricio

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Post match press conference:

heavy1981, vilafria and nelly29 repped this.
  22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Definitely liking the amount of options we have now. Benching Adrien the last couple of years would've been sacrilege, but now it seems like he finally has to earn his spot

23. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Penalty was weak, but was a penalty nevertheless.

There was also 2 other penalties that weren't called. Seem's like video replay is just a gimmick!!

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol c'mon man. You can't keep complaining about benfica buying the league and then say that this was a penalty. We all know it wasnt.

So we should of got 3 penalties that game eh? Seems reasonable.

25. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Like I said, it was a penalty. A very weak one, but according to rule books, it's a penalty.

"we all know it wasn't", reference the rule book.

Now, if you said I don't think it's a penalty, then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

You disagree with the 3 penalty statement? The push on Coates back was way worse than the Dost one and wasn't called.

At the end of the day, good to see the video replay is working great!!!! :cool:

SCP_16 repped this.